Re: [midatlanticretro] Northstar wierdness

  • Dan Roganti
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 6, 2009
      Richard A. Cini wrote:
      Re: [midatlanticretro] Northstar wierdness I’ve been able to fix most of the anomalies by cleaning the board contacts. It is still sometimes sensitive and will require a board giggle though.

      One thing I've noticed with my old systems is that the contacts in the edge connectors can lose their tension. Besides cleaning those contacts, you might want to tighten them so the card sits in their snug and tight. After so many years the pins can get compressed and loose tension. It would be a little harder to remove the card afterwards but you shouldn't be without a card extender for troubleshooting. I use a dental pick to tighten the connector pins - I put a little hook on the end of my tool to reach under the pin to stretch the pin out further.

      =Dan