Winter party info ... again

    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 5, 2009
      For those who are STILL confused (mainly Bill Degnan!), the MARCH winter
      party is Dec. 12-13, at InfoAge's TIROS satellite ground tracking
      building, which finally has working heat.

      I like to call this event the "Vintage Computer Festivus" (credit due to
      Bernie S. of The Hacktory / 2600 fame.)

      Other than "don't trash the building" and "don't drink and drive" --
      there are no rules. This is the anti-VCF, for which I shall do ZERO
      planning. I might set up some tables in there if you're all extra nice.

      Wanna buy/sell/trade stuff? Do it.
      Wanna take it off-topic? Fine with me.
      Wanna watch funny, loud movies? Great.
      Wanna barbeque and get drunk? 10-4.
      Wanna invite your friend's sister's boyfriend? Okay then.
      Wanna build, program, solder, etc? Go for it.
      Wanna have an Andy Meyer sound-alike contest? w00t!
      Wanna hold be down as Andy kicks my butt for the previous comment? Umm
      Want me to cease-and-desist this zany list? You get the idea.

      Party hardy, my fellow nerds.
    • Jon Strack
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 6, 2009
        Hey Evan,
        Thanks for the clarification.  I was actually confused on it as well, so that was helpful.  If I can get any of my vintage stuff going, I might bring something along.  Perhaps a Northstar / Heathkit H19 or Kaypro, or who knows what.  At any rate, I plan to attend.

        Thanks,
        Jon
      • Andy Meyer
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 6, 2009
          On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 3:40 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
          > For those who are STILL confused (mainly Bill Degnan!), the MARCH winter
          > party is Dec. 12-13, at InfoAge's TIROS satellite ground tracking
          > building, which finally has working heat.
          [...]
          > Other than "don't trash the building" and "don't drink and drive" --
          > there are no rules.

          Well, maybe one more. This is usually understood, but let's spell it out:
          "If you bring something with you and no one claims it before you leave,
          you must take the item back home again"

          We haven't had any serious issues in this regard. Let's please keep it that way.
          Probably the best thing to do is to make a list of items of free/sell/trade/want
          and post it ahead of time. (Start working on your list now!)

          > Wanna have an Andy Meyer sound-alike contest?  w00t!

          Evan, what does that even *mean*?!

          > Wanna hold me down as Andy kicks my butt for the previous comment?  Umm

          Why? You know you can't outrun me? :-)

          Okay, so who's in?!

          Andy
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 6, 2009
            > Well, maybe one more. This is usually understood, but let's spell it out:
            > "If you bring something with you and no one claims it before you leave,
            > you must take the item back home again"
            >
            > We haven't had any serious issues in this regard. Let's please keep it that way.

            Good point. Very important. Part of us being good InfoAge citizens.
          • Joe Giliberti
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 6, 2009
              Can we climb the dish?

              On Tue, Oct 6, 2009 at 7:10 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

              > Well, maybe one more. This is usually understood, but let's spell it out:
              > "If you bring something with you and no one claims it before you leave,
              > you must take the item back home again"
              >
              > We haven't had any serious issues in this regard. Let's please keep it that way.

              Good point. Very important. Part of us being good InfoAge citizens.

            • Dan Roganti
              Message 6 of 6 , Oct 7, 2009
                Evan Koblentz wrote:
                For those who are STILL confused (mainly Bill Degnan!), the MARCH winter
                party is Dec. 12-13, at InfoAge's TIROS satellite ground tracking
                building, which finally has working heat.

                I wish I can make but it's tough that time of year to travel long distance.
                I need to keep what extra dough I have for my kids on Xmas.
                They're bigger now, so they like bigger toys now.
                And I'm hoping retro-santa finds something for me :)

                BTW, it was discussed recently what the name of the event should be. Vintage Computer Festivus  [?] but I think the version number should coincide with the the year of VCF East.  So it should be Vintage Computer Festivus 6.1, unless there was an related event before that [Halloween ?] then it can be Vintage Computer Festivus 6.2

                You don't want to mix up revisions when it comes to hardware--or software :)

                hope everyone has a good time there and take pics/video
                =Dan