Atari 1040ST computer - $300 (bedminster )

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 13 , Oct 4, 2009
      http://cnj.craigslist.org/sys/1404999975.html

    • Timothy J Fagan
      Message 2 of 13 , Oct 4, 2009

        These things can’t possibly be going for $300!!! I have like 3 or 4 of them. I paid that much for an Atari Falcon030 a few years back. If he can pull down that much for a 1040ST, I need to sell mine. LOL

        Message 3 of 13 , Oct 4, 2009
          Is 300 good for a 1040ST?? Because I was talking to one guy who has a 1040ST I believe and he is offering it to me for $100...

          Message 4 of 13 , Oct 5, 2009
            No.. You can get them on EBAY cheaper..
            Some people will neg the price down, I neither have the time nor patience right now

            Message 5 of 13 , Oct 5, 2009
              I agree, $300 is way too much. Some of them can have severe yellowing
              of the case or keyboard so if possible get a picture before you buy.

              Andy

              On Mon, Oct 5, 2009 at 6:05 AM, Christian Liendo
              <christian_liendo@...> wrote:

              > No.. You can get them on EBAY cheaper..
              > Some people will neg the price down, I neither have the time nor patience right now

            • Dan Roganti
              Message 6 of 13 , Oct 6, 2009
                Richard A. Cini wrote:
                Re: [midatlanticretro] Northstar wierdness I’ve been able to fix most of the anomalies by cleaning the board contacts. It is still sometimes sensitive and will require a board giggle though.

                One thing I've noticed with my old systems is that the contacts in the edge connectors can lose their tension. Besides cleaning those contacts, you might want to tighten them so the card sits in their snug and tight. After so many years the pins can get compressed and loose tension. It would be a little harder to remove the card afterwards but you shouldn't be without a card extender for troubleshooting. I use a dental pick to tighten the connector pins - I put a little hook on the end of my tool to reach under the pin to stretch the pin out further.

                =Dan