Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Winter party/swapmeet

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 2, 2009
      There's no old computers there...
      Can we use the TIROS dish to get Wifi?

      On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 12:28 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      >> I propose Dec. 12-13 for the Vintage Computer Festivus East 2.0
      >>
      > Do we have the date reserved at InfoAge?
      >
      > And... who's in?!
      >
      > Andy

      We have the date reserved. It's back at the TIROS building which now
      has WORKING heat ..... the problem last year turned out to be a frozen
      hose ..... seems that nobody bothered to vent any heat into the heater
      room!!!

      (The hotel is being used for the model trains show.)

    • Mr Ian Primus
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 2, 2009
        --- On Sat, 10/3/09, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

        > We have the date reserved.  It's back at the TIROS
        > building which now
        > has WORKING heat ..... the problem last year turned out to
        > be a frozen
        > hose ..... seems that nobody bothered to vent any heat into
        > the heater
        > room!!!

        Awesome! I liked the TIROS building better for the party than the main hall - seemed more like a geek campout that way!

        I'm definitely in.

        -Ian
      • joprysko1
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 2, 2009
          I think I would like to try to make it.

          Sounds like it would be fun.

          I will have to keep my eyes on the group to have some kind of idea of what stuff to bring to try to swap.

          Joe O.

          > >> I propose Dec. 12-13 for the Vintage Computer Festivus East 2.0
          > >>
          > > Do we have the date reserved at InfoAge?
          > >
          > > And... who's in?!
          > >
          > > Andy
          > >

          > We have the date reserved. It's back at the TIROS building which now
          > has WORKING heat ..... the problem last year turned out to be a frozen
          > hose ..... seems that nobody bothered to vent any heat into the heater
          > room!!!
          >
          > (The hotel is being used for the model trains show.)

        • Andy Meyer
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 2, 2009
            On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
            >  It's back at the TIROS building which now has WORKING heat .....

            Warm is nice, but what are they doing about all the lead on the floor?
            (Which, as we walk on it, becomes stuff that we breathe)
          • Bill Degnan
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 2, 2009
              what is the date?
              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 2, 2009
                >> It's back at the TIROS building which now has WORKING heat .....
                >>
                > Warm is nice, but what are they doing about all the lead on the floor?
                > (Which, as we walk on it, becomes stuff that we breathe)

                I don't know. Will ask Fred.
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 2, 2009
                  October 2. :)
                  > what is the date?

                • Joe Giliberti
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 2, 2009
                    Crap! The party is over in 56 minutes!

                    On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 10:22 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

                    October 2. :)
                    > what is the date?

                  • Jeffrey Brace
                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 2, 2009
                      Work Schedule permitting I will be there as much as I can.  I will also bring my grill so we can cook some burgers.

                        > >  It's back at the TIROS building which now has
                        > WORKING heat .....
                        >
                        > Warm is nice, but what are they doing about all the lead on
                        > the floor?
                        > (Which, as we walk on it, becomes stuff that we breathe)

                        Don't breathe then. :)

                        Last time, we just swept it up first. I wouldn't worry about it.

                        -Ian
                      • evan@snarc.net
                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 3, 2009

                          >> Last time, we just swept it up first. I wouldn't worry about it.

                          We did? I don't remember that. Andy and I were the first ones there.
                        • Mr Ian Primus
                          Message 12 of 19 , Oct 3, 2009
                            --- On Sat, 10/3/09, evan@... <evan@...> wrote:
                            > what are they doing about all the lead on the floor?
                            >
                            > >> Last time, we just swept it up first. I wouldn't
                            > worry about it.
                            >
                            > We did? I don't remember that. Andy and I were the first
                            > ones there.

                            I thought we did - after we moved all the tables around. Or maybe we didn't. I don't know. But in any event, I don't see any problem from a bunch of lead shot on the ground - just don't lick the floor.

                            -Ian
                          • Joe Giliberti
                            Message 13 of 19 , Oct 3, 2009
                              We can make our own solder

                              Message 14 of 19 , Oct 3, 2009
                                Joe Giliberti wrote:
                                BUT when is it?  What is the date of the party?
                              • Joe Giliberti
                                Message 15 of 19 , Oct 3, 2009
                                  I didn't ask that!

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Oct 3, 2009
                                    I believe Evan said Dec. 12-13, if I am not mistaken.

                                  Message 17 of 19 , Oct 3, 2009
                                    We probably won't be able to grill, considering it will be mid-December.