Re: QuickTime VR of my "Byte Cellar"

  • altairmanrich
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
      Blake:

      Where did you find the Mac Picasso poster? I'm re-doing my house
      and, eventually, I will have more "display" space in the basement.
      So, I'm hunting-down various vintage artwork-like stuff to hang on
      the walls.

      The only stuff I have right now are a few framed BYTE lithographs
      and some system posters from the KIM-1 and AIM-65.

      Rich

      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Blake Patterson"
      <blakespot@y...> wrote:

      > Took a 30-shot rotation of my vintage computer dwelling and stitched
      > it together as a QuickTime VR movie, if anyone's interested.
      >

      > http://www.blakespot.com/list/bytecellar.mov
      >

      > :-)
      >
      > blakespot
    • altairmanrich
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005

        <blakespot@y...> wrote:

        > Took a 30-shot rotation of my vintage computer dwelling and stitched
        > it together as a QuickTime VR movie, if anyone's interested.
        >

        > http://www.blakespot.com/list/bytecellar.mov
        >

        > :-)
        >
        > blakespot
      • Blake Patterson
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
          --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich" <rcini@m...>
          wrote:

          > Blake:
          >
          > Where did you find the Mac Picasso poster? I'm re-doing my house
          > and, eventually, I will have more "display" space in the basement.
          > So, I'm hunting-down various vintage artwork-like stuff to hang on
          > the walls.
          >
          > The only stuff I have right now are a few framed BYTE lithographs
          > and some system posters from the KIM-1 and AIM-65.
          >
          > Rich

          I got the Picasso Mac poster at RedLightRunner. Paid $100 or so for
          it. Framing with polarized glass cost that and half again. Looks
          nice tho.

          Here's more on that poster:

          http://www.bytecellar.com/archives/000027.php

          blakespot
        • evan
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
            So you paid $250 for a framed poster?

            Sounds outrageous to me... not like it's signed by Woz or anything (or is
            it?)... even if it were, I can't imagine any such people who charge for an
            autograph; only on eBay would that tragedy happen.

            --- Blake Patterson <blakespot@...> wrote:

            > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich" <rcini@m...>
            > wrote:
            > >
            > > Blake:
            > >
            > > Where did you find the Mac Picasso poster? I'm re-doing my house
            > > and, eventually, I will have more "display" space in the basement.
            > > So, I'm hunting-down various vintage artwork-like stuff to hang on
            > > the walls.
            > >
            > > The only stuff I have right now are a few framed BYTE lithographs
            > > and some system posters from the KIM-1 and AIM-65.
            > >
            > > Rich
            > >

            > I got the Picasso Mac poster at RedLightRunner. Paid $100 or so for
            > it. Framing with polarized glass cost that and half again. Looks
            > nice tho.
            >
            > Here's more on that poster:
            >
            > http://www.bytecellar.com/archives/000027.php
            >

            > blakespot

          • Blake Patterson
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, evan <evan947@y...> wrote:
              > So you paid $250 for a framed poster?
              >
              > Sounds outrageous to me... not like it's signed by Woz or anything
              (or is
              > it?)... even if it were, I can't imagine any such people who charge
              for an
              > autograph; only on eBay would that tragedy happen.

              Well, I derive enjoyment from this icon that is the very embodiment of
              the original Macintosh. A bit of a "treasure" it is, to me. I did
              not pay $299 for the "mint" version of this poster at the time of
              purchase anyway (there were two up at once).

              You might also be amazed to find that the NeXT poster on the opposite
              end of the room also cost $100 for the poster alone. :-)

              blakespot