Re: Winter party/swapmeet

  • Andy Meyer
    Message 1 of 19 , Oct 2, 2009
      On Tue, Sep 15, 2009 at 4:02 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
      > I propose Dec. 12-13 for the Vintage Computer Festivus East 2.0

      Do we have the date reserved at InfoAge?

      And... who's in?!

      Andy
      Message 2 of 19 , Oct 2, 2009
        >> I propose Dec. 12-13 for the Vintage Computer Festivus East 2.0
        >>
        > Do we have the date reserved at InfoAge?
        >
        > And... who's in?!
        >
        > Andy

        We have the date reserved. It's back at the TIROS building which now
        has WORKING heat ..... the problem last year turned out to be a frozen
        hose ..... seems that nobody bothered to vent any heat into the heater
        room!!!

        (The hotel is being used for the model trains show.)
      • Joe Giliberti
        Message 3 of 19 , Oct 2, 2009
          There's no old computers there...
          Can we use the TIROS dish to get Wifi?

          On Sat, Oct 3, 2009 at 12:28 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

          >> I propose Dec. 12-13 for the Vintage Computer Festivus East 2.0
          >>
          > Do we have the date reserved at InfoAge?
          >
          > And... who's in?!
          >
          > Andy

          We have the date reserved. It's back at the TIROS building which now
          has WORKING heat ..... the problem last year turned out to be a frozen
          hose ..... seems that nobody bothered to vent any heat into the heater
          room!!!

          (The hotel is being used for the model trains show.)

        • Mr Ian Primus
          Message 4 of 19 , Oct 2, 2009
            --- On Sat, 10/3/09, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

            > We have the date reserved.  It's back at the TIROS
            > building which now
            > has WORKING heat ..... the problem last year turned out to
            > be a frozen
            > hose ..... seems that nobody bothered to vent any heat into
            > the heater
            > room!!!

            Awesome! I liked the TIROS building better for the party than the main hall - seemed more like a geek campout that way!

            I'm definitely in.

            -Ian
          • joprysko1
            Message 5 of 19 , Oct 2, 2009
              I think I would like to try to make it.

              Sounds like it would be fun.

              I will have to keep my eyes on the group to have some kind of idea of what stuff to bring to try to swap.

              Joe O.

              Message 6 of 19 , Oct 2, 2009
                On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 8:28 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:
                >  It's back at the TIROS building which now has WORKING heat .....

                Warm is nice, but what are they doing about all the lead on the floor?
                (Which, as we walk on it, becomes stuff that we breathe)
              • Bill Degnan
                Message 7 of 19 , Oct 2, 2009
                  what is the date?
                  Message 8 of 19 , Oct 2, 2009
                    >> It's back at the TIROS building which now has WORKING heat .....
                    >>
                    > Warm is nice, but what are they doing about all the lead on the floor?
                    > (Which, as we walk on it, becomes stuff that we breathe)

                    I don't know. Will ask Fred.
                    Message 9 of 19 , Oct 2, 2009
                      October 2. :)
                      > what is the date?

                    • Joe Giliberti
                      Message 10 of 19 , Oct 2, 2009
                        Crap! The party is over in 56 minutes!

                        On Fri, Oct 2, 2009 at 10:22 PM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

                        October 2. :)
                        > what is the date?

                      • Jeffrey Brace
                        Message 11 of 19 , Oct 2, 2009
                          Work Schedule permitting I will be there as much as I can.  I will also bring my grill so we can cook some burgers.

                            > >  It's back at the TIROS building which now has
                            > WORKING heat .....
                            >
                            > Warm is nice, but what are they doing about all the lead on
                            > the floor?
                            > (Which, as we walk on it, becomes stuff that we breathe)

                            Don't breathe then. :)

                            Last time, we just swept it up first. I wouldn't worry about it.

                            -Ian
                          • evan@snarc.net
                            Message 13 of 19 , Oct 3, 2009

                              >> Last time, we just swept it up first. I wouldn't worry about it.

                              We did? I don't remember that. Andy and I were the first ones there.
                            • Mr Ian Primus
                              Message 14 of 19 , Oct 3, 2009
                                --- On Sat, 10/3/09, evan@... <evan@...> wrote:
                                > what are they doing about all the lead on the floor?
                                >
                                > >> Last time, we just swept it up first. I wouldn't
                                > worry about it.
                                >
                                > We did? I don't remember that. Andy and I were the first
                                > ones there.

                                I thought we did - after we moved all the tables around. Or maybe we didn't. I don't know. But in any event, I don't see any problem from a bunch of lead shot on the ground - just don't lick the floor.

                                -Ian
                              • Joe Giliberti
                                Message 15 of 19 , Oct 3, 2009
                                  We can make our own solder

                                  Message 16 of 19 , Oct 3, 2009
                                    Joe Giliberti wrote:
                                    BUT when is it?  What is the date of the party?
                                  • Joe Giliberti
                                    Message 17 of 19 , Oct 3, 2009
                                      I didn't ask that!

                                      Message 18 of 19 , Oct 3, 2009
                                        I believe Evan said Dec. 12-13, if I am not mistaken.

                                      Message 19 of 19 , Oct 3, 2009
                                        We probably won't be able to grill, considering it will be mid-December.