Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Joseph A. Weisbecker, COSMAC, ELF and VIP are from NJ

  • Ray Sills
    Message 1 of 38 , Oct 2, 2009
      IIRC, Joyce Weisbecker sent a message to MARCH once, looking for a
      VIP system. While I have one, I was not ready to part with it.
      Hopefully, someone will be able to reach her. It would be great to
      get her insights into her father's work.

      73 de Ray

      Message 38 of 38 , Oct 9, 2009
        Joyce,
        Thank you for checking.  Do you have any information about the original COSMAC 1801 computer?  This as far as I can tell was the first computer-ish device based on the COSMAC processor.
        Thanks
        Bill Degnan

        Joyce Weisbecker wrote:
        Hi.

           I never received an e-mail from you about my father, Joe Weisbecker, but please try again :). Mother donated all of Dad's papers and prototypes to the David Sarnoff Library, so I only have a few things related to the programs I wrote and sold to RCA for the VIP and Studio II.

           Try e-mailing again at this address (minmax_3512@...). I'd be happy to correspond with you.

           Joyce