Lace cards

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 38 , Oct 2, 2009
      I had a few questions at VCF about something called a "lace card".
      Here's one I made up this morning:

      http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/Media/LaceCard-L.jpg

      It's simply a card with ALL the holes punched. It's very flimsy, and
      guaranteed to jam a card reader. According to stories, you could sabotage
      a user's job by covertly inserting it into his card deck.

      It's not recommended to try to duplicate these on the keypunch, either.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      Message 38 of 38 , Oct 9, 2009
        Joyce,
        Thank you for checking.  Do you have any information about the original COSMAC 1801 computer?  This as far as I can tell was the first computer-ish device based on the COSMAC processor.
        Thanks
        Bill Degnan

        Joyce Weisbecker wrote:
        Hi.

           I never received an e-mail from you about my father, Joe Weisbecker, but please try again :). Mother donated all of Dad's papers and prototypes to the David Sarnoff Library, so I only have a few things related to the programs I wrote and sold to RCA for the VIP and Studio II.

           Try e-mailing again at this address (minmax_3512@...). I'd be happy to correspond with you.

           Joyce