Re: [midatlanticretro] Hey, the COSMAC VIP is from NJ

    Message 1 of 38 , Oct 1, 2009
      That hardly proves anything, except that RCA was a widespread company.

      When I read the documentation on the VIP I keep seeing

      RCA Cosmac VIP Marketing
      Lancaster PA

      But, thats not where they were designed and built. They were designed out of the Solid State Divison. I don't know if they were built there too, but if you look under COSMAC.. The VIP the Tutor and the Tutor II seem to all come out of the same solid state division in NJ

      "RCA COSMAC VIP CDP18S711 Instruction Manual," RCA Solid State Division, Somerville, NJ 08776, February 1978.

      Message 38 of 38 , Oct 9, 2009
        Joyce,
        Thank you for checking.  Do you have any information about the original COSMAC 1801 computer?  This as far as I can tell was the first computer-ish device based on the COSMAC processor.
        Thanks
        Bill Degnan

        Joyce Weisbecker wrote:
        Hi.

           I never received an e-mail from you about my father, Joe Weisbecker, but please try again :). Mother donated all of Dad's papers and prototypes to the David Sarnoff Library, so I only have a few things related to the programs I wrote and sold to RCA for the VIP and Studio II.

           Try e-mailing again at this address (minmax_3512@...). I'd be happy to correspond with you.

           Joyce