Re: [midatlanticretro] Here's the TV clip

  • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
      >I believe Evan will upload to youtube, we don't host video as well on the
      >web hosting account you have for snarc.net

      Wow! That was retro. Took me back to the late 60s with that flashy
      mosaic of LSD color. Timothy Leary isn't dead.

      Got any .MPG? Why would anyone use Retard Media?

    • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
        I just caught the segment on the channel 118. I may record it later this
        evening on the Mac.

        FWIW, my visit just those few short weeks ago brought back fond memories
        of my many treks to the Evans Area to service some MicroVAXes in one of
        the buildings. In fact, when I left the VCF, I'd walked out through the
        guard house. Wow, did that evoke memories for me.

        If you walk straight ahead when you go through the guard house, there is
        a building with a couple of steps up and double doors. Inside there and
        to the left first or second door was where a large MicroVAX installation
        used to be. Back in those days, ethernet ran over what we affectionately
        called etherhose. A large yellow coaxial cable. I doubt that that was
        actually removed from the ceiling in that building because it fed out to
        other rooms to service terminal servers for the Army personnel that used
        the MicroVAX systems. If you can gain access to that building, you can
        get yourselves some ethernet (circa 1982 V2.0 Blue book spec.) etherhose
        and ethernet transceivers. Just pull it down out of the ceiling. You
        want vintage, that is it... the first generation ethernet. It's come a
        long way from 10b5.