Re: [midatlanticretro] Here's the TV clip

  • evan@snarc.net
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
      Ugh. Didn't realize this would cause a ruckus.

      I'll re-do this tonight. Very busy all day.
    • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
        >I believe Evan will upload to youtube, we don't host video as well on the
        >web hosting account you have for snarc.net

        Wow! That was retro. Took me back to the late 60s with that flashy
        mosaic of LSD color. Timothy Leary isn't dead.

        Got any .MPG? Why would anyone use Retard Media?

      • Christian Liendo
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
          Take your time, no rush...

          Also I think Evan cannot upload this to you tube without permission.

          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
            I just caught the segment on the channel 118. I may record it later this
            evening on the Mac.

            FWIW, my visit just those few short weeks ago brought back fond memories
            of my many treks to the Evans Area to service some MicroVAXes in one of
            the buildings. In fact, when I left the VCF, I'd walked out through the
            guard house. Wow, did that evoke memories for me.

            If you walk straight ahead when you go through the guard house, there is
            a building with a couple of steps up and double doors. Inside there and
            to the left first or second door was where a large MicroVAX installation
            used to be. Back in those days, ethernet ran over what we affectionately
            called etherhose. A large yellow coaxial cable. I doubt that that was
            actually removed from the ceiling in that building because it fed out to
            other rooms to service terminal servers for the Army personnel that used
            the MicroVAX systems. If you can gain access to that building, you can
            get yourselves some ethernet (circa 1982 V2.0 Blue book spec.) etherhose
            and ethernet transceivers. Just pull it down out of the ceiling. You
            want vintage, that is it... the first generation ethernet. It's come a
            long way from 10b5.