Re: [midatlanticretro] Here's the TV clip

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
      my ubuntu live cd does not have a codec for realplayer. make it stop!

      On Thu, Oct 1, 2009 at 7:54 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      I made some mistake. Lost the audio at 3:38 into the video. Will try
      to fix that tomorrow. Need sleep!!

    • evan@snarc.net
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
        Ugh. Didn't realize this would cause a ruckus.

        I'll re-do this tonight. Very busy all day.
      • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
          >I believe Evan will upload to youtube, we don't host video as well on the
          >web hosting account you have for snarc.net

          Wow! That was retro. Took me back to the late 60s with that flashy
          mosaic of LSD color. Timothy Leary isn't dead.

          Got any .MPG? Why would anyone use Retard Media?

        • Christian Liendo
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
            Take your time, no rush...

            Also I think Evan cannot upload this to you tube without permission.

            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
              I just caught the segment on the channel 118. I may record it later this
              evening on the Mac.

              FWIW, my visit just those few short weeks ago brought back fond memories
              of my many treks to the Evans Area to service some MicroVAXes in one of
              the buildings. In fact, when I left the VCF, I'd walked out through the
              guard house. Wow, did that evoke memories for me.

              If you walk straight ahead when you go through the guard house, there is
              a building with a couple of steps up and double doors. Inside there and
              to the left first or second door was where a large MicroVAX installation
              used to be. Back in those days, ethernet ran over what we affectionately
              called etherhose. A large yellow coaxial cable. I doubt that that was
              actually removed from the ceiling in that building because it fed out to
              other rooms to service terminal servers for the Army personnel that used
              the MicroVAX systems. If you can gain access to that building, you can
              get yourselves some ethernet (circa 1982 V2.0 Blue book spec.) etherhose
              and ethernet transceivers. Just pull it down out of the ceiling. You
              want vintage, that is it... the first generation ethernet. It's come a
              long way from 10b5.