Re: [midatlanticretro] Here's the TV clip

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
      I believe Evan will upload to youtube, we don't host video as well on the
      web hosting account you have for snarc.net
      bd

      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
        my ubuntu live cd does not have a codec for realplayer. make it stop!

      • evan@snarc.net
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
          Ugh. Didn't realize this would cause a ruckus.

          I'll re-do this tonight. Very busy all day.
        • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
            >I believe Evan will upload to youtube, we don't host video as well on the
            >web hosting account you have for snarc.net

            Wow! That was retro. Took me back to the late 60s with that flashy
            mosaic of LSD color. Timothy Leary isn't dead.

            Got any .MPG? Why would anyone use Retard Media?

          • Christian Liendo
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
              Take your time, no rush...

              Also I think Evan cannot upload this to you tube without permission.

              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
                I just caught the segment on the channel 118. I may record it later this
                evening on the Mac.

                FWIW, my visit just those few short weeks ago brought back fond memories
                of my many treks to the Evans Area to service some MicroVAXes in one of
                the buildings. In fact, when I left the VCF, I'd walked out through the
                guard house. Wow, did that evoke memories for me.

                If you walk straight ahead when you go through the guard house, there is
                a building with a couple of steps up and double doors. Inside there and
                to the left first or second door was where a large MicroVAX installation
                used to be. Back in those days, ethernet ran over what we affectionately
                called etherhose. A large yellow coaxial cable. I doubt that that was
                actually removed from the ceiling in that building because it fed out to
                other rooms to service terminal servers for the Army personnel that used
                the MicroVAX systems. If you can gain access to that building, you can
                get yourselves some ethernet (circa 1982 V2.0 Blue book spec.) etherhose
                and ethernet transceivers. Just pull it down out of the ceiling. You
                want vintage, that is it... the first generation ethernet. It's come a
                long way from 10b5.