Re: [midatlanticretro] Here's the TV clip

    Message 1 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
      I made some mistake. Lost the audio at 3:38 into the video. Will try
      to fix that tomorrow. Need sleep!!

      > http://snarc.net/march_cablevision.rm
      >
      > As usual, I regret that I didn't talk slower, look more presentable, and
      > plan my words more carefully.
      >
      > Joe captured this is a 170 MB .avi file and shrunk it to a 42 MB .mpeg
      > file. Then he sent it to me, and I shrunk it to a 4 MB .rm file.
      >
      > Bill Deg.: Hopefully they won't stick your ISP with a DMCA violation. :)

    • Bill Degnan
      Message 2 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
        I believe Evan will upload to youtube, we don't host video as well on the
        web hosting account you have for snarc.net
        bd

        > I made some mistake. Lost the audio at 3:38 into the video. Will try
        > to fix that tomorrow. Need sleep!!
        >

        > > http://snarc.net/march_cablevision.rm
        > >
        > > As usual, I regret that I didn't talk slower, look more presentable,
        and
        > > plan my words more carefully.
        > >
        > > Joe captured this is a 170 MB .avi file and shrunk it to a 42 MB .mpeg
        > > file. Then he sent it to me, and I shrunk it to a 4 MB .rm file.
        > >
        > > Bill Deg.: Hopefully they won't stick your ISP with a DMCA violation.
        :)

      • Joe Giliberti
        Message 3 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
          my ubuntu live cd does not have a codec for realplayer. make it stop!

        • evan@snarc.net
          Message 4 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
            Ugh. Didn't realize this would cause a ruckus.

            I'll re-do this tonight. Very busy all day.
          • Brian Schenkenberger, VAXman-
            Message 5 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
              >I believe Evan will upload to youtube, we don't host video as well on the
              >web hosting account you have for snarc.net

              Wow! That was retro. Took me back to the late 60s with that flashy
              mosaic of LSD color. Timothy Leary isn't dead.

              Got any .MPG? Why would anyone use Retard Media?

            • Christian Liendo
              Message 6 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
                Take your time, no rush...

                Also I think Evan cannot upload this to you tube without permission.

                Message 7 of 11 , Oct 1, 2009
                  I just caught the segment on the channel 118. I may record it later this
                  evening on the Mac.

                  FWIW, my visit just those few short weeks ago brought back fond memories
                  of my many treks to the Evans Area to service some MicroVAXes in one of
                  the buildings. In fact, when I left the VCF, I'd walked out through the
                  guard house. Wow, did that evoke memories for me.

                  If you walk straight ahead when you go through the guard house, there is
                  a building with a couple of steps up and double doors. Inside there and
                  to the left first or second door was where a large MicroVAX installation
                  used to be. Back in those days, ethernet ran over what we affectionately
                  called etherhose. A large yellow coaxial cable. I doubt that that was
                  actually removed from the ceiling in that building because it fed out to
                  other rooms to service terminal servers for the Army personnel that used
                  the MicroVAX systems. If you can gain access to that building, you can
                  get yourselves some ethernet (circa 1982 V2.0 Blue book spec.) etherhose
                  and ethernet transceivers. Just pull it down out of the ceiling. You
                  want vintage, that is it... the first generation ethernet. It's come a
                  long way from 10b5.