Re: We're on TV -- recording help?

  • joprysko1
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 30 10:13 AM
      Hmm... What do you think would happen if we could get a spot on one of the Philly Area broadcast TV stations to "Advertise" the group/museum?

      Like maybe arrange to bring in some of the older/rarer pieces as well as some of the vintage hardware that gives a very "Eye Candy" type feeling.

      Something like that would likely:

      A:> Get us a lot of new members

      B:> Possibily get us additional hardware (Either some we don't have, or parts to get pieces working, etc)

      C:> Just imagine the viewership of 1,000,000 or so people that watch the broadcast TV morning shows.. it could definitely help in lots of ways. Just use your imagination.

      Joe O.

      > Cablevision ("Optimum Online") filmed at the VCF East. It's playing this week on channels 78 and 118, at least here in NJ; I'm not sure about elsewhere.
      >
      > The schedule:
      >
      > Mon./Wed./Fri.: 1:30 pm and 7 pm
      > Tues./Thurs.: 1 pm and 8:30 pm
      > Sat.: 3pm and 10 pm
      > Sun.: 7pm and 9:30pm
      >
      > Can someone please record this show, edit out the appropriate segment, and send it to me as a standard video file?
      >
      > Then I can post it on the MARCH YouTube account.

    • joprysko1
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 30 10:33 AM
        Thinking about it, it probably would have been better about 3-4 weeks ago, like a week before VCFE. Hmm, if only I would have joined this group a month ago.

        Sigh.. well there is always next year, who knows, maybe we can get Fox 29 to film a segment of Hobby Weekend.. LOL

        Joe O.

      • evan@snarc.net

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 30 4:35 PM
            I just saw it, and recorded on DVR. I'll try and get you a copy

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 30 5:16 PM
              Thanks.

              Fred says we'll need to get Cablevision's permission before posting anything from the show onto YouTube.

              I will work on that.

              From: Joe Giliberti
              Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 23:35:42 +0000
              To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
              Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: We're on TV -- recording help?

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 30 5:21 PM
                I got it on channel 118 (io) at 7pm. It was a 4 hour program block, but it started at around 7:05

                From: Joe Giliberti
                Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 23:35:42 +0000
                To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 30 6:00 PM
                  Which time and channel did you record ?  I also live in Monmouth County and have Cablevision.

                    From: Joe Giliberti
                    Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 23:35:42 +0000
                    To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>

                      From: Joe Giliberti