We're on TV -- recording help?

  • evan@snarc.net
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 30 7:28 AM
      Cablevision ("Optimum Online") filmed at the VCF East. It's playing this week on channels 78 and 118, at least here in NJ; I'm not sure about elsewhere.

      The schedule:

      Mon./Wed./Fri.: 1:30 pm and 7 pm
      Tues./Thurs.: 1 pm and 8:30 pm
      Sat.: 3pm and 10 pm
      Sun.: 7pm and 9:30pm

      Can someone please record this show, edit out the appropriate segment, and send it to me as a standard video file?

      Then I can post it on the MARCH YouTube account.
    • joprysko1
      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 30 10:13 AM
        Hmm... What do you think would happen if we could get a spot on one of the Philly Area broadcast TV stations to "Advertise" the group/museum?

        Like maybe arrange to bring in some of the older/rarer pieces as well as some of the vintage hardware that gives a very "Eye Candy" type feeling.

        Something like that would likely:

        A:> Get us a lot of new members

        B:> Possibily get us additional hardware (Either some we don't have, or parts to get pieces working, etc)

        C:> Just imagine the viewership of 1,000,000 or so people that watch the broadcast TV morning shows.. it could definitely help in lots of ways. Just use your imagination.

        Joe O.

        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 30 10:33 AM
          Thinking about it, it probably would have been better about 3-4 weeks ago, like a week before VCFE. Hmm, if only I would have joined this group a month ago.

          Sigh.. well there is always next year, who knows, maybe we can get Fox 29 to film a segment of Hobby Weekend.. LOL

          Joe O.

          Message 4 of 10 , Sep 30 10:46 AM
            Hmmm, couldn't find this on my TV ... Maybe it's only in Monmouth County. I'll have to call the guy and find out.

            Message 5 of 10 , Sep 30 4:35 PM
              I just saw it, and recorded on DVR. I'll try and get you a copy

              Message 6 of 10 , Sep 30 5:16 PM
                Thanks.

                Fred says we'll need to get Cablevision's permission before posting anything from the show onto YouTube.

                I will work on that.

                From: Joe Giliberti
                Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 23:35:42 +0000
                To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
                Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: We're on TV -- recording help?

                Message 7 of 10 , Sep 30 5:21 PM
                  I got it on channel 118 (io) at 7pm. It was a 4 hour program block, but it started at around 7:05

                  From: Joe Giliberti
                  Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 23:35:42 +0000
                  To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>

                  Message 8 of 10 , Sep 30 6:00 PM
                    Which time and channel did you record ?  I also live in Monmouth County and have Cablevision.

                      From: Joe Giliberti
                      Date: Wed, 30 Sep 2009 23:35:42 +0000
                      To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>

                        From: Joe Giliberti