Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: IBM Computer Identification

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 56 , Oct 5, 2005
      Joe Giliberti wrote:

         The hard disk controller on the Model 60 was a MCA card - it sounds as
      if your system is missing the ESDI hard disk controller.

          Does this site help to identify the MCA card in your system?

      http://ibmps2.home.mchsi.com/model60.html

      I've already checked that site. Nothing resembling my card is in there. I can take a picture and post a link

      Here are picture links.

      Unidentified MCA card pic 1
      http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/1001/pa0501227aw.jpg

      Unidentified MCA card pic 2
      http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/2701/pa0501235bo.jpg

      Whole Motherboard
      http://img91.imageshack.us/img91/4141/pa0501259cn.jpg

      -Joe
    • Timothy J Fagan
      Message 56 of 56 , Feb 15, 2009
        FWIW... I think this entire discussion shouldn't have been handled on the list at all.

        But that's just my take.

        Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2009 10:08 AM
        Subject: [midatlanticretro] List

        I'll say this in public: I should have agreed with Andy four years ago when he argued for a list that we control instead of using Yahoo.