QuickTime VR of my "Byte Cellar"

  • Blake Patterson
    Message 1 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
      Took a 30-shot rotation of my vintage computer dwelling and stitched
      it together as a QuickTime VR movie, if anyone's interested.

      http://www.blakespot.com/list/bytecellar.mov

      :-)

      blakespot
    • altairmanrich
      Message 2 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
        Blake:

        Where did you find the Mac Picasso poster? I'm re-doing my house
        and, eventually, I will have more "display" space in the basement.
        So, I'm hunting-down various vintage artwork-like stuff to hang on
        the walls.

        The only stuff I have right now are a few framed BYTE lithographs
        and some system posters from the KIM-1 and AIM-65.

        Rich

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "Blake Patterson"
        <blakespot@y...> wrote:

        > Took a 30-shot rotation of my vintage computer dwelling and stitched
        > it together as a QuickTime VR movie, if anyone's interested.
        >

        > http://www.blakespot.com/list/bytecellar.mov
        >

        > :-)
        >
        > blakespot
      • altairmanrich
        Message 3 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005

          <blakespot@y...> wrote:

          > Took a 30-shot rotation of my vintage computer dwelling and stitched
          > it together as a QuickTime VR movie, if anyone's interested.
          >

          > http://www.blakespot.com/list/bytecellar.mov
          >

          > :-)
          >
          > blakespot
        • Blake Patterson
          Message 4 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich" <rcini@m...>
            wrote:

            > Blake:
            >
            > Where did you find the Mac Picasso poster? I'm re-doing my house
            > and, eventually, I will have more "display" space in the basement.
            > So, I'm hunting-down various vintage artwork-like stuff to hang on
            > the walls.
            >
            > The only stuff I have right now are a few framed BYTE lithographs
            > and some system posters from the KIM-1 and AIM-65.
            >
            > Rich

            I got the Picasso Mac poster at RedLightRunner. Paid $100 or so for
            it. Framing with polarized glass cost that and half again. Looks
            nice tho.

            Here's more on that poster:

            http://www.bytecellar.com/archives/000027.php

            blakespot
          • evan
            Message 5 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
              So you paid $250 for a framed poster?

              Sounds outrageous to me... not like it's signed by Woz or anything (or is
              it?)... even if it were, I can't imagine any such people who charge for an
              autograph; only on eBay would that tragedy happen.

              --- Blake Patterson <blakespot@...> wrote:

              > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "altairmanrich" <rcini@m...>
              > wrote:
              > >
              > > Blake:
              > >
              > > Where did you find the Mac Picasso poster? I'm re-doing my house
              > > and, eventually, I will have more "display" space in the basement.
              > > So, I'm hunting-down various vintage artwork-like stuff to hang on
              > > the walls.
              > >
              > > The only stuff I have right now are a few framed BYTE lithographs
              > > and some system posters from the KIM-1 and AIM-65.
              > >
              > > Rich
              > >

              > I got the Picasso Mac poster at RedLightRunner. Paid $100 or so for
              > it. Framing with polarized glass cost that and half again. Looks
              > nice tho.
              >
              > Here's more on that poster:
              >
              > http://www.bytecellar.com/archives/000027.php
              >

              > blakespot

            • Blake Patterson
              Message 6 of 6 , Mar 17, 2005
                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, evan <evan947@y...> wrote:
                > So you paid $250 for a framed poster?
                >
                > Sounds outrageous to me... not like it's signed by Woz or anything
                (or is
                > it?)... even if it were, I can't imagine any such people who charge
                for an
                > autograph; only on eBay would that tragedy happen.

                Well, I derive enjoyment from this icon that is the very embodiment of
                the original Macintosh. A bit of a "treasure" it is, to me. I did
                not pay $299 for the "mint" version of this poster at the time of
                purchase anyway (there were two up at once).

                You might also be amazed to find that the NeXT poster on the opposite
                end of the room also cost $100 for the poster alone. :-)

                blakespot