Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: IBM Computer Identification

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 56 , Oct 5, 2005
      On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Joe Giliberti wrote:

      > Mike Loewen wrote:
      >
      >> On Wed, 5 Oct 2005, Joe Giliberti wrote:
      >>
      >> > The connector on the board looks identical to a standard IDE cable. 40
      >> pins
      >> > with the slot at the top. A standard IDE cable fits it.
      >>
      >> Which Model 60 is it? According to this page:

      > After taking a close look at the mostly worn away sticker, I can make out
      > that it is an 071

      Check Ebay for auction 5113922377, and look at the picture. Is the
      40-pin connector you're talking about in the lower right hand corner? I
      believe that's the floppy connector. Various web sites talk about a
      40-pin to 34-pin floppy drive cable for the Model 60.

      The hard disk controller on the Model 60 was a MCA card - it sounds as
      if your system is missing the ESDI hard disk controller.

      Does this site help to identify the MCA card in your system?

      http://ibmps2.home.mchsi.com/model60.html

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
    • Timothy J Fagan
      Message 56 of 56 , Feb 15, 2009
        FWIW... I think this entire discussion shouldn't have been handled on the list at all.

        But that's just my take.

        Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2009 10:08 AM
        Subject: [midatlanticretro] List

        I'll say this in public: I should have agreed with Andy four years ago when he argued for a list that we control instead of using Yahoo.