Re: [midatlanticretro] Re:Commodore 64 on Psych

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 27, 2009
      The other computer, I think, is a compaq portable III

      On Mon, Sep 28, 2009 at 4:34 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      >>> I personally bought my C64 used in 1985 for $150 from a friend of
      my brothers. I got C64, 1702 Monitor, 1541 drive, datassette, lots of
      games, 1526 printer. It was a steal. I certainly couldn't have gotten
      all those peripherals if I had gotten an Apple II like I originally wanted.

      For comparison: in '84, I think my parents paid north of $2K for a
      full-blown //e setup.