Swap Qume 842 --> Shugart 850 - Success

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 27, 2009
      Kelly (and anyone interested in 8" drives..),
      The SA850 you traded me works. If you're curious, the CompuPro "Disk 1
      Technical Manual" has a jumper settings chart on page 24 and the top of
      25. The settings are for the use of the CompuPro Disk 1 controller, but
      you can also use it for other applications because it gives clues about
      differences between the drives. I did not notice the shunt settings on
      page 25 until afterwards so I also had to guess these using trial and
      error.

      Here are the drives supported by the CompuPro Disk 1 S-100 card
      Shugart 800/801
      Shugart 850/851
      Qume Qumetrak 842 (and related)
      Siemens Model FDD 100-8