semi-OT: free old color printer

    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 25, 2009
      See thread below.  Free to a good home.

      -------- Original Message --------
      Subject:RE: old color printer
      Date:Thu, 24 Sep 2009 02:44:06 -0400
      From:FONEBONE <XFONEBONEX@...>
      To:'Evan Koblentz' <evan@...>

      HI Evan -Steve here Fonebone@...

      The price is free- I got the unit from a forty year ATT tech that
      just couldn't throw this color printer into a dumpster as directed.
      He stored the unit for five years before giving the unit to me.
      I stored the unit for 8 years because I just couldn't throw it into
      a dumpster. The unit shows no damage or corrosion and I have a spare
      ribbon
      But I have never fired the printer up. True, the printer is not antique
      but rather a
      large advance in color dot matrix printing technology- A twin unit ATT
      model 477
      was used at a trade show to print a dot matrix "picture" captured on a
      video camera
      to demonstrate the printer's capabilities .Quite a hit for the
      attendees.
      Anyhow ,The price is free because I don't want to junk the machine if I
      can find it a home.
      If anybody is interested in hardware hacking and graphics this is a true
      gem.
      I also have the paper feed guides. I used to have the chrome paper
      receiver basket but
      I can't locate it.
      Again-the price is free-
      -Act today and receive absolutely free a brand new spare printer ribbon
      at no cost.
      --Steve
      BTW I live in NW new Jersey for easy pick up or delivery locally.
      P.S. I just found the quick and user manuals !
      RE