lonely and sad ISA cards

  • mejeep_ferret
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 19, 2009
      I'm afraid space on my closet shelf is more important than some of the old stuff there, so this is really the last call for ISA cards: modem, sound cards, etc.

      Also: 3 half height ST-506 MFM drives: Imprimis 40 MB
      1: ST225
      1: ST-125 via WD-1002 controller
      1: ST-351-1 via WD 1015 8 bit ISA controller (1/3 size card)

      -- jeffj
    • Kelly D. Leavitt
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 19, 2009
        Jeff:
        I could use one of the MFM drives. Where are you located again? If you need room, I could take all and pass them along.

        Kelly

        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 19, 2009
          mejeep_ferret wrote:
          > I'm afraid space on my closet shelf is more important than some of the old stuff there, so this is really the last call for ISA cards: modem, sound cards, etc.
          >
          > Also: 3 half height ST-506 MFM drives: Imprimis 40 MB
          > 1: ST225
          > 1: ST-125 via WD-1002 controller
          > 1: ST-351-1 via WD 1015 8 bit ISA controller (1/3 size card)
          >
          > -- jeffj

          Thanks for the offer of stuff. Maybe if I was closer I'd pick up the
          225's, but you already kindly gave me one so I defer to others. These
          should at least be stored for MARCH use, they're useful in a number of
          systems especially the IBM PC/XT.

          I have more dead ST 225's that I can carry, these are not weathering the
          ages well. Wherever they end up please make sure they're stored in a
          padded foam to reduce vibration, and wrapped in an anti-static bag to
          protect against moisture. It does not hurt to cook them in the oven (I
          have confirmed this) at 150 degrees for 5 minutes per side to re-awaken
          the lubrication. These tend to settle.

          Bill
        • trojan_eldorado
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 20, 2009
            Hey Jeff,
            I could use an ST225 for a PDP-11/23+ project I'm working on. Do you know if the drive works? How much do you want for it?
            Thanks,
            Jon