Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: PDP11 stuff available

  • John Allain
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 5, 2005
      > I'm going to ask a weird and highly technical
      > question. Assuming someone wanted to get something
      > running on a puter it wasn't yet ported to, let's

      Stop. Using the word puter and you will get more
      answers from highly technical people. Simple.

      John A.
    • chrism3667
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 5, 2005
        If someone chooses not to answer because of my use, or admittedly
        abuse *jokingly* of a word here and there, they can keep their answers.
        I really don't care for answers from stuphy people. It's that simple...

        --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "John Allain" <allain@p...>
        wrote:
        > > I'm going to ask a weird and highly technical
        > > question. Assuming someone wanted to get something
        > > running on a puter it wasn't yet ported to, let's
        >
        > Stop. Using the word puter and you will get more
        > answers from highly technical people. Simple.
        >
        > John A.
      • Joe Giliberti
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 5, 2005
          John Allain wrote:
          > I'm going to ask a weird and highly technical
          > question. Assuming someone wanted to get something
          > running on a puter it wasn't yet ported to, let's

          Stop.  Using the word puter and you will get more
          answers from highly technical people.  Simple.

          John A.

          Got a related question. Why do a lot of people on here spell place a ph where an f should be in certain words. Ex. "stuph"

          -Joe
        • chrism3667
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 5, 2005
            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Joe Giliberti
            <starbase89@o...> wrote:

            > Got a related question. Why do a lot of people on here spell place a
            ph
            > where an f should be in certain words. Ex. "stuph"
            >
            > -Joe

            Dude I think you're imagining alot of people do it. It's just me :).
            It's my trademark expression. I might even have it copyrighted!
          • Joe Giliberti
            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 5, 2005
              chrism3667 wrote:

              > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Joe Giliberti
              > <starbase89@o...> wrote:
              >
              > > Got a related question. Why do a lot of people on here spell place a
              > ph
              > > where an f should be in certain words. Ex. "stuph"
              > >
              > > -Joe
              >
              > Dude I think you're imagining alot of people do it. It's just me :).
              > It's my trademark expression. I might even have it copyrighted!

              Then you most contribute a lot, because I've seen it a hell of a lot
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 5, 2005
                I'm killing this thread. (Just as soon as the message system catches
                up, which at today's rate could be a while...)

                Whether we like Chris' choice of spelling or not, he is not breaking
                any rules.

                John: I'll send you an off-list message.

                To all: We can't tolerate anyone engaging in name-calling, i.e.
                "stuffy" (spelling aside).

                If anyone really ticks off anyone else, then please either ping me and
                I'll try to solve it off-list, or just take it up privately with each
                other.

                - Evan

                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "chrism3667"