OT: stopping spam in Thunderbird 3

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15, 2009
      A few weeks ago I started getting around 50-100 spam mails per day. Who
      knows, maybe it's related to posting my email address everywhere re:
      VCF. I need a way to stop it. It's tolerable in my PC inbox
      (Thunderbird 3, which doesn't even support a Bayes plug-in yet), but
      it's a nightmare when using my Blackberry.

      What can I do other than changing my email address (what a PITA!) or
      resorting to a whitelist?

      Or more specifically, what can I beg Bill Deg. to do on his server, so
      these messages never reach me? :)
    • Mike Loewen
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 16, 2009
        On Wed, 16 Sep 2009, Evan Koblentz wrote:

        > Or more specifically, what can I beg Bill Deg. to do on his server, so
        > these messages never reach me? :)

        If he's using sendmail, he could install milter-graylist. It cuts down
        on my spam, drastically.

        Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      • Bill Degnan
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 16, 2009
          search for your email address on Google. Get your email address off all
          web pages exposed to the public Internet
          bd

          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 17, 2009
            Spam fixed.

            I was mis-using the junk mail controls in Thunderbird (doh!) ... now it
            works.

            I also bought a program called Antair Spam Filter for my Blackberry. It
            was expensive ($50) but it works very well. Plus it's only two letters
            away from being called Altair, which I thought is nice of them. :)