Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: IBM Computer Identification

  • Joe Giliberti
    Message 1 of 56 , Oct 5, 2005
      chrism3667 wrote:

      Personally I don't recommend putting any kind of money or serious
      effort into a PS/2. Have some fun though by all means. A kewell find is
      a kewell find. There's always something to be learned. I like the Model
      25's though. The earlier peecees are more kewell, and truly vintage ;).
      I could probably find you something cheap at my "friend's" house in a
      couple of weeks if you're interested. Even if it wasn't true blue (and
      he's got those I believe) it's still older and more kewell.

      Meh, it was free, so I wouldn't mind putting, say $15-$20 into it. Just need a floppy drive and some RAM. I thought these old systems had some onboard RAM, though?
    • Timothy J Fagan
      Message 56 of 56 , Feb 15, 2009
        FWIW... I think this entire discussion shouldn't have been handled on the list at all.

        But that's just my take.

        Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2009 10:08 AM
        Subject: [midatlanticretro] List

        I'll say this in public: I should have agreed with Andy four years ago when he argued for a list that we control instead of using Yahoo.