Re: [midatlanticretro] IBM Computer Identification

  • John Allain
    Message 1 of 56 , Oct 4, 2005
      > says "IBM, Personal System/2, Model 60...
      > Any help? I

      1987. 10Mhz 80286. room for 2 full sized ESDI drives.
      Much like a PC, but with a MicroChannel bus instead
      (not compatible with ISA or PCI bus cards).
      About $2000 when it was new. The first year that
      the PS/2 mouse&keyboard, and VGA video ports
      debuted.
      Not easy to find if you had to find one but probably a
      million were made.

      John A.
      and... my first IBM. Not kidding.
    • Timothy J Fagan
      Message 56 of 56 , Feb 15, 2009
        FWIW... I think this entire discussion shouldn't have been handled on the list at all.

        But that's just my take.

        Sent: Sunday, February 15, 2009 10:08 AM
        Subject: [midatlanticretro] List

        I'll say this in public: I should have agreed with Andy four years ago when he argued for a list that we control instead of using Yahoo.