RE: [midatlanticretro] Re: PDP11 stuff available

  • William Pechter
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 4, 2005
      The only info I have is how to install it on an 11/70.

      I'll do some checking with the author for further info.

      Bill
      --- Evan <evan947@...> wrote:

      > to see
      > BSD 2.11 runnin' on the Micro 11/73 dep't. All in favor say AYE! ;D
      >
      > Aye, matey!
      >
      > _____

      =Field+trip&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&c=4&s=84&.sig=t9pasmT3
      > 2p-p2BvQtk8vAw> computer Field

      +trip&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&c=4&s=84&.sig=Et_lpqgaXhbeqt
      > lUXREsiw> trip Computer

      2=Field+trip&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&c=4&s=84&.sig=lTI9crE
      > 846HktRyJ9cnRXA> security
      > Computer

      2=Field+trip&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&c=4&s=84&.sig=vvepx7-
      > O7ZQcFHPC0FpTNA> training
      >
      > _____
      >
      > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
      >

      > * Visit your group "midatlanticretro

      > Service
      > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
      >

      > _____

    • Chris M
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 5, 2005
        I'm going to ask a weird and highly technical
        question. Assuming someone wanted to get something
        running on a puter it wasn't yet ported to, let's
        think operating systems, which employ alot of low
        level stuph, do you have to take into account changes
        in room temperature when hand fitting portions of
        code? I don't know what he was referring to, but
        Andrew Tanenbaum stated something to that effect in
        his text on MINIX - I forget the exact title. I don't
        know what computer system he was referring to -
        obviously he wrote the thing on early pc's, probably
        completed the os is '86 or '87. I guess on early early
        stuph this could have been the case, but on a pc??? If
        this is the case it's skeery. I want out!
        For those who didn't already know, MINIX was a cut
        down UNIX clone that he wrote to illustrate operating
        system principles. It served as the primary
        inspiration for Linus Torvalds undertaking his own
        UNIX clone, after his namesake, LINUX.

        --- William Pechter <bpechter@...> wrote:

        > The only info I have is how to install it on an
        > 11/70.
        >
        > I'll do some checking with the author for further
        > info.
        >
        > Bill

        __________________________________
        http://mail.yahoo.com
      • John Allain
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 5, 2005
          > I'm going to ask a weird and highly technical
          > question. Assuming someone wanted to get something
          > running on a puter it wasn't yet ported to, let's

          Stop. Using the word puter and you will get more
          answers from highly technical people. Simple.

          John A.
        • chrism3667
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 5, 2005
            If someone chooses not to answer because of my use, or admittedly
            abuse *jokingly* of a word here and there, they can keep their answers.
            I really don't care for answers from stuphy people. It's that simple...

            --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "John Allain" <allain@p...>
            wrote:
            > > I'm going to ask a weird and highly technical
            > > question. Assuming someone wanted to get something
            > > running on a puter it wasn't yet ported to, let's
            >
            > Stop. Using the word puter and you will get more
            > answers from highly technical people. Simple.
            >
            > John A.
          • Joe Giliberti
            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 5, 2005
              John Allain wrote:
              > I'm going to ask a weird and highly technical
              > question. Assuming someone wanted to get something
              > running on a puter it wasn't yet ported to, let's

              Stop.  Using the word puter and you will get more
              answers from highly technical people.  Simple.

              John A.

              Got a related question. Why do a lot of people on here spell place a ph where an f should be in certain words. Ex. "stuph"

              -Joe
            • chrism3667
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 5, 2005
                --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Joe Giliberti
                <starbase89@o...> wrote:

                > Got a related question. Why do a lot of people on here spell place a
                ph
                > where an f should be in certain words. Ex. "stuph"
                >
                > -Joe

                Dude I think you're imagining alot of people do it. It's just me :).
                It's my trademark expression. I might even have it copyrighted!
              • Joe Giliberti
                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 5, 2005
                  chrism3667 wrote:

                  > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Joe Giliberti
                  > <starbase89@o...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > Got a related question. Why do a lot of people on here spell place a
                  > ph
                  > > where an f should be in certain words. Ex. "stuph"
                  > >
                  > > -Joe
                  >
                  > Dude I think you're imagining alot of people do it. It's just me :).
                  > It's my trademark expression. I might even have it copyrighted!

                  Then you most contribute a lot, because I've seen it a hell of a lot
                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 5, 2005
                    I'm killing this thread. (Just as soon as the message system catches
                    up, which at today's rate could be a while...)

                    Whether we like Chris' choice of spelling or not, he is not breaking
                    any rules.

                    John: I'll send you an off-list message.

                    To all: We can't tolerate anyone engaging in name-calling, i.e.
                    "stuffy" (spelling aside).

                    If anyone really ticks off anyone else, then please either ping me and
                    I'll try to solve it off-list, or just take it up privately with each
                    other.

                    - Evan

                    --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "chrism3667"