Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: PDP11 stuff available

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 20 , Oct 4, 2005
      Yes that was me.  I am willing to take a look at the system first.  I also really want to get up there and clean, organize, and inventory what is there now.  It kills me that there are systems not properly protected.
      Bill D

      In a message dated 10/3/2005 10:00:51 PM Eastern Daylight Time, infomagic@... writes:
      In the meantime, John A. and someone from NJ/MD borderland --- was
      it Bill D? I don't have my notes in front of me, sorry I forgot the
      name momentarily --- have asked for 11/73s. Although I am curious
      about them and would also like to play with one for awhile, I will
      defer to the two who have already got experience with them.

    • William Pechter
      Message 2 of 20 , Oct 4, 2005
        The only info I have is how to install it on an 11/70.

        I'll do some checking with the author for further info.

        Bill
        --- Evan <evan947@...> wrote:

        > to see
        > BSD 2.11 runnin' on the Micro 11/73 dep't. All in favor say AYE! ;D
        >
        > Aye, matey!
        >
        > _____

        =Field+trip&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&c=4&s=84&.sig=t9pasmT3
        > 2p-p2BvQtk8vAw> computer Field

        +trip&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&c=4&s=84&.sig=Et_lpqgaXhbeqt
        > lUXREsiw> trip Computer

        2=Field+trip&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&c=4&s=84&.sig=lTI9crE
        > 846HktRyJ9cnRXA> security
        > Computer

        2=Field+trip&w3=Computer+security&w4=Computer+training&c=4&s=84&.sig=vvepx7-
        > O7ZQcFHPC0FpTNA> training
        >
        > _____
        >
        > YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS
        >

        > * Visit your group "midatlanticretro

        > Service
        > <http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/> .
        >

        > _____

      • Chris M
        Message 3 of 20 , Oct 5, 2005
          I'm going to ask a weird and highly technical
          question. Assuming someone wanted to get something
          running on a puter it wasn't yet ported to, let's
          think operating systems, which employ alot of low
          level stuph, do you have to take into account changes
          in room temperature when hand fitting portions of
          code? I don't know what he was referring to, but
          Andrew Tanenbaum stated something to that effect in
          his text on MINIX - I forget the exact title. I don't
          know what computer system he was referring to -
          obviously he wrote the thing on early pc's, probably
          completed the os is '86 or '87. I guess on early early
          stuph this could have been the case, but on a pc??? If
          this is the case it's skeery. I want out!
          For those who didn't already know, MINIX was a cut
          down UNIX clone that he wrote to illustrate operating
          system principles. It served as the primary
          inspiration for Linus Torvalds undertaking his own
          UNIX clone, after his namesake, LINUX.

          --- William Pechter <bpechter@...> wrote:

          > The only info I have is how to install it on an
          > 11/70.
          >
          > I'll do some checking with the author for further
          > info.
          >
          > Bill

          __________________________________
          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • John Allain
          Message 4 of 20 , Oct 5, 2005
            > I'm going to ask a weird and highly technical
            > question. Assuming someone wanted to get something
            > running on a puter it wasn't yet ported to, let's

            Stop. Using the word puter and you will get more
            answers from highly technical people. Simple.

            John A.
          • chrism3667
            Message 5 of 20 , Oct 5, 2005
              If someone chooses not to answer because of my use, or admittedly
              abuse *jokingly* of a word here and there, they can keep their answers.
              I really don't care for answers from stuphy people. It's that simple...

              --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "John Allain" <allain@p...>
              wrote:
              > > I'm going to ask a weird and highly technical
              > > question. Assuming someone wanted to get something
              > > running on a puter it wasn't yet ported to, let's
              >
              > Stop. Using the word puter and you will get more
              > answers from highly technical people. Simple.
              >
              > John A.
            • Joe Giliberti
              Message 6 of 20 , Oct 5, 2005
                John Allain wrote:
                > I'm going to ask a weird and highly technical
                > question. Assuming someone wanted to get something
                > running on a puter it wasn't yet ported to, let's

                Stop.  Using the word puter and you will get more
                answers from highly technical people.  Simple.

                John A.

                Got a related question. Why do a lot of people on here spell place a ph where an f should be in certain words. Ex. "stuph"

                -Joe
              • chrism3667
                Message 7 of 20 , Oct 5, 2005
                  --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Joe Giliberti
                  <starbase89@o...> wrote:

                  > Got a related question. Why do a lot of people on here spell place a
                  ph
                  > where an f should be in certain words. Ex. "stuph"
                  >
                  > -Joe

                  Dude I think you're imagining alot of people do it. It's just me :).
                  It's my trademark expression. I might even have it copyrighted!
                • Joe Giliberti
                  Message 8 of 20 , Oct 5, 2005
                    chrism3667 wrote:

                    > --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, Joe Giliberti
                    > <starbase89@o...> wrote:
                    >
                    > > Got a related question. Why do a lot of people on here spell place a
                    > ph
                    > > where an f should be in certain words. Ex. "stuph"
                    > >
                    > > -Joe
                    >
                    > Dude I think you're imagining alot of people do it. It's just me :).
                    > It's my trademark expression. I might even have it copyrighted!

                    Then you most contribute a lot, because I've seen it a hell of a lot
                    Message 9 of 20 , Oct 5, 2005
                      I'm killing this thread. (Just as soon as the message system catches
                      up, which at today's rate could be a while...)

                      Whether we like Chris' choice of spelling or not, he is not breaking
                      any rules.

                      John: I'll send you an off-list message.

                      To all: We can't tolerate anyone engaging in name-calling, i.e.
                      "stuffy" (spelling aside).

                      If anyone really ticks off anyone else, then please either ping me and
                      I'll try to solve it off-list, or just take it up privately with each
                      other.

                      - Evan

                      --- In midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com, "chrism3667"