Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Sinclair people out there?

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
      I have a tape duplication machine, but it only works with like tapes (same exact type type).  It's not easy to simply dub a tape into a wav file, but I assume that someone has a system for this somewhere.
      Bill

      In a message dated 10/4/2005 8:09:38 AM Eastern Daylight Time, relayer@... writes:
      I'm afraid I don't have any tapes, but I do have a couple TS1000's
      that I'd like to put to use.

      Is there a tape repository available for these machines? I know we
      have digital tape backups of a lot of early 80's computers, but I
      don't know of any for the TS1000/ZX81 series.

      Just an idea.... Would it be too impractical to convert the tapes to
      .wav/.mp3/.ogg format to play back from a portable player? My Palm
      Zire plays audio files and it would be great to hook that up to my
      classic computers to load tape data. Heck, I'd be glad to host the
      files on my server if people would use them.

      I guess I could start the ball rolling. I have a few CoCo tapes and a
      couple TI-99 tapes I can convert. I'll have to dig them out from where
      they're being stored (and then cross my fingers that they work).

    • billdeg@aol.com
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
        thanks.
        bd

        In a message dated 10/4/2005 9:42:03 AM Eastern Daylight Time, jscheef@... writes:
        Bill,

        I'm not quite sure how this helps, but there is a T/S1000 program archive at
        http://www.vavasour.ca/jeff/ts1000/. This site is also an emulator that runs
        right in the browser, in case those who don't have their own 1000 are jealous
        and want to play along. I found this by typing 'timex 1000 programs' into
        Yahoo search. There were many other results in the list.