Re: [midatlanticretro] bummer ....

  • Ian King
    Message 1 of 7 , Sep 2, 2009
      Re: [midatlanticretro] bummer .... Sorry, I have my own ‘vintage’ celebration that weekend: my brother’s 50th birthday.  I’m having to miss a family wedding (at the beach!) and a really cool vintage motorcycle event – and VCF.  Why doesn’t everyone check my calendar first on these things?  ;-)  -- Ian

      On 9/2/09 7:41 PM, "Evan Koblentz" <evan@...> wrote:

      I've been on a VCF announcement posting spree all day long.  About 30 minutes ago I started posting on the relevant Google groups / usenet groups.  Everything went fine until just now, when Google gave me a message: "Your account or Internet address has exceeded our posting limit at this time, please try again later."

      Doh!!!!
      P.S. - I was going one-by-one, selecting relevant topics, in comp.sys ... got as far as comp.sys.atari.st when the message happened.  Someone want to take over for a while?  Just post this subject line: "Vintage Computer Festival East - Sept. 12-13" and this message:

      This year's Vintage Computer Festival East will be held September 12-13 at the InfoAge Science Center located in Wall, New Jersey.

      VCF is a public event celebrating the history of computers from the 1940s - 1980s.  The morning schedule is for lectures and workshops; the afternoons are an open exhibit hall where everything is turned on and working.

      Among this year's highlights are the keynote address about RCA computers in the 1950s, an 8-bit musical concert, BASIC programming challenge, and the build-your-own terminal workshop.

      Details are posted athttp://www.vintage.org/2009/east/  where you'll also find the latest VCF news.  A 2-minute video montage of last year's show is on YouTube at http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0mNXrKjiD78.  Or refer to the simple event brochure athttp://www.vintage.org/2009/east/vcfe6.pdf  .... tickets are $10 for one day or $15 for both days; 17 and younger get in free.

      The event benefits the InfoAge Science Center, which is a 501c3 non-profit.

      Thank you,
      - Evan Koblentz
      (646) 546-9999