RE: [midatlanticretro] VCF advertising ideas?

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 42 , Sep 2, 2009
      -------- Original Message --------
      > From: "Bob Schwier" <schwepes2002@...>
      >
      > Science fiction groups tend to have a lot of members that were early
      adapters
      > to computing. You have groups in NYC, Long Island and Philadelphia.
      They
      > have conventions, Lunacon, ICON and Philcon which is currently held in
      New
      > Jersey and not Philadelphia. At one point, Lunacon was held a stone's
      throw
      > from Jimmy Hoffa's burial site in Giant's Field.
      > bs

      Of course I will mention this event to my class and send an announcement to
      the CISC/CPEG people at the University of Delaware...first day is today.

      I have a full class this year, there is enough buzz about the class to keep
      it going. I have a new classroom too.

      This year I am going to start off the semester by demoing a little BBS I
      wrote for the Commodore 64, and the associated background about how people
      used computers to communciate before the Internet as we know it today.
      We're going to go over Ward Christensen's article from Byte magazine in
      1978 - the CBBS, and so on.

      And being in teacher mode I am wearing khaki pants.

      Bill
    • ysgdhio
      Message 42 of 42 , Sep 2, 2009
        Dan Roganti wrote:
        > Sometimes their server is slow but it has everything.

        Sorry Dan, but it's not an exhaustive list.
        Clubs need to request to be on it.
        I noticed right away it was missing the club I belong to
        (which is okay because I've already sent them the VCF info).

        Andy