Qume QumeTrak 842 drive compatible with Shugart 850, right?

  • Bill Degnan
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 1, 2009
      I am looking for a replacement Qume QumeTrak 842 8" disk drive (just the
      drive), and I read in the manual that the Shugart 850 is compatible
      logically and physically. Anyone here have either of these for sale and
      would bring to VCF E?
      If so contact me directly.

      Here is the manual
      http://bitsavers.org/pdf/qume/36027_QumeTrak842svc_Dec81.pdf

      Bill

      P.S. After VCF, I would like to host a repair weekend dedicated to just
      drive repair if anyone is interested.