Re: [midatlanticretro] VCF 6.0 Cards

  • Christian Liendo
    Message 1 of 17 , Sep 1, 2009
      Yes, but there are many of us who haven't and don't have that connection.

      I would buy one that had my name on it, because that makes it more personal to me, also I would be more likely to buy ones for friends because I would think "hmmm maybe my friend John would like one"

      --- On Tue, 9/1/09, Mike Loewen <mloewen@...> wrote:

      Many of us who learned to program in the punched card days have fond
      memories of cards and keypunches, even though none of us would ever go
      back to that method. :-) The card represents a lengthy era of data
      processing history, even though it's being presented as a display hack.
      We all used to do these at one time or another. Finding cards is not too
      difficult (small batches are always available on Ebay), but how many
      working keypunches are still around? I suspect the old timers will love
      them.

      Mike Loewen mloewen@cpumagic. scol.pa.us
      Old Technology http://sturgeon. css.psu.edu/ ~mloewen/ Oldtech/

    • Dan Roganti
      Message 2 of 17 , Sep 2, 2009
        Christian Liendo wrote:
        Yes, but there are many of us who haven't and don't have that connection

        Don't mean to interject here, but one other thing that makes a festival is having something where you can sell pictures of something, such as, ASCII Art.

        With just a PC , printer and internet connection to access the ascii artwork online(or download beforehand) you can sell them for a couple of bucks each. There's even a website that will convert gif's, jpg's into ascii pictures.

        This is always nostalgic

        What's even better is ascii artwork t-shirts :)

        =Dan