Sinclair people out there?

  • billdeg@aol.com
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 1, 2005
      If anyone has a Sinclair program tape to trade (ZX 81 / 1000 compatible),
      contact me directly and let me know what you'd like in exchange.

      Thanks.

      Bill D
    • relayer
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
        I'm afraid I don't have any tapes, but I do have a couple TS1000's
        that I'd like to put to use.

        Is there a tape repository available for these machines? I know we
        have digital tape backups of a lot of early 80's computers, but I
        don't know of any for the TS1000/ZX81 series.

        Just an idea.... Would it be too impractical to convert the tapes to
        .wav/.mp3/.ogg format to play back from a portable player? My Palm
        Zire plays audio files and it would be great to hook that up to my
        classic computers to load tape data. Heck, I'd be glad to host the
        files on my server if people would use them.

        I guess I could start the ball rolling. I have a few CoCo tapes and a
        couple TI-99 tapes I can convert. I'll have to dig them out from where
        they're being stored (and then cross my fingers that they work).

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
          Bill,

          I'm not quite sure how this helps, but there is a T/S1000 program archive at
          http://www.vavasour.ca/jeff/ts1000/. This site is also an emulator that runs
          right in the browser, in case those who don't have their own 1000 are jealous
          and want to play along. I found this by typing 'timex 1000 programs' into
          Yahoo search. There were many other results in the list.

          Jim

          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 4, 2005
            Yeah, that's a cool site. I found it after I decided to search after
            my last post.

            I also found http://www.zx81.nl

            They have a huge archive and it's all downloadable as a 13+ MB ZIP
            file. The EightyOne emulator they have on there is supposed to have
            the capability to save to audio out. Time to break out the recorder.....