Books... some for free!... sort of....

  • evan947
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 16, 2005
      Mike Nadeau (our member in New Hampshire!) send me three autographed
      copies of his book "Collectible Microcomputers" to give away at our
      TCF exhibit. So we'll have to think of some kind of contest or
      whatever. It should be something very easy for us to execute.
      Suggestions?

      Also, late last year, I self-published a booklet called the "Guide to
      U.S. Computer Museums, 2005 Edition". It lists 21 museums and I've
      been selling the booklet for $6 + s/h on my web site. But I ordered
      too many copies. So now anyone in MARCH can have a copy for just the
      $1 s/h cost (a big envelope and a stamp and my trip to the post office.)

      One of the museums (Computer Museum of America, in San Diego) has
      since announced that it's closing unless it they find more funding,
      and another that was in-progress (Maine Computer Museum) is basically
      giving up its efforts. On the other hand, I didn't learn of the
      Austin (TX) Computerworks museum until after the booklet was
      published, and of course there is the prospect of a MARCH museum now
      as well. LOL, that's what I called it an '05 edition, so I can sell
      an updated '06 edition.

      Anyhow, free books for all MARCH members for one dollar s/h. Anyone
      who is interested should just send me your snail mail address.
    • billdeg@aol.com
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 16, 2005
        For the contest - We can challenge visitors to "Omega Race" - a game on the
        VIC-20 (or whatever) - Beat a MARCH member one-on-one and win a book.

        bd