Re: [midatlanticretro] if anyone's interested in the AT & T UNIX PC

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 3 , Oct 1, 2005
      --- Jim Scheef <jscheef@...> wrote:

      > Chris,
      >
      > I thought those things were cool when they were new,
      > but they run a 68000
      > chip so you should stay away...

      The reason being that it'll meet with a violent
      demise once I found out it didn't have an 8088? Or do
      I sense a hint of anti-Mac/Moto/AtariST/Amiga bigotry?

      Don't hate man :(

      > Another interesting machine
      > would be an IBM RT/PC, which ran AIX on an early
      > RISC chip.These machines come from the time when
      > many industry pundits thought UNIX
      > would succeed DOS as the preferred OS for business
      > PCs.

      Yeah was RISCy business wasn't it? You certainly
      would have experienced some AIX if you had been
      involved in that debacle LOL LOL. Microshaft was in
      the UNIX business at one point (and in fact still is
      trying to emasculate every other vendor on the
      planet). They long for those days of course, and is
      currently working on their very own LINUX DISTRO!
      Beggorah. Bill is contempating naming it Micros-UX LOL
      LOL LOL. Alright, I plagiarized. Saw the cartoon in
      the latest Linux Format.
      A very influential group of us are still looking for
      various versions of Xenix. ANY platform would be
      welcome. The original Micros-UX ;)

      http://mail.yahoo.com