Re: [midatlanticretro] if anyones interested in the AT & T UNIX PC

  • Chris M
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 30, 2005
      ewwww 68k. Im putting it out on the curb right now.
      Actually it has a 68010 dude, not too much of a
      departure I dont think. It boots from the hd, but the
      disks were ng. That site seemed to have software on
      it, bv maybe it pd stuph.
      --- midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com
      <jscheef@...> wrote:
      > Chris,
      >
      > I thought those things were cool when they were new,
      but they run a 68000
      > chip so you should stay away. AT&T also had a
      portable version that I'd
      > really like to find, although that product may have
      never reached the market.
      > If you know of a UNIX PC available at my favorite
      price (including software,
      > of course), please, please, please let me know.
      Another interesting machine
      > would be an IBM RT/PC, which ran AIX on an early
      RISC chip.

      > These machines come from the time when many industry
      pundits thought UNIX
      > would succeed DOS as the preferred OS for business
      PCs.

      > Jim
      >
      > --- Chris M <chrism3667@...> wrote:
      >
      > > It's not a PEECEE in the typical sense. Check out
      this
      > > link:
      > > http://unixpc.taronga.com/
      > > there seems to be alot of junk on there. Good
      thing,

      http://mail.yahoo.com