8static and VCF

  • rabb_5m
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 20, 2009
      Hi all,
      I'm Wil Lindsay, one of the folks that will be doing the visual/music performance at VCF. A couple of notes:

      For those near Philly, our regular 8static monthly show is this Saturday with a free workshop on mixing/mastering specifically for computer music. Starts at 6pm at Studio 34 in west Philly.
      Info is here: http://8static.com/

      This is a completely different lineup then you will see at VCF, so a great excuse to do both!

      Also,
      I've taken a room near VCF for the festival weekend, so I will be there representing the Hacktory and 8Static for the whole festival (not that .5 that's been going around!). if anyone has questions about what we do, my time is yours. I will talk to Don Miller (our 8Static coordinator) about maintaining the parts of our collection that are not mine on Sunday for people to see.

      I'm HUGELY looking forward to the festival and especially hearing the Altair music demo. My latest personal ventures have been surrounding the RCA COSMAC and the Chip8 language. It'll be great to meet people who don't find that conversation to be complete gibberish!

      See you soon,
      -Wil
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 20, 2009
        Hi Wil. Thanks for posting.
        > I will talk to Don Miller (our 8Static coordinator) about maintaining the parts of our collection that are not mine on Sunday for people to see.

        I'm confused. Do you mean the Sunday of VCF? In other words, are you
        saying the 8static exhibit will be there for the whole weekend, instead
        of just Saturday? That's great news. Please confirm and then I'll
        change your entry on the VCF exhibits page
        (http://www.vintage.org/2009/east/exhibit.php) to reflect that.
        > My latest personal ventures have been surrounding the RCA COSMAC and the Chip8 language.

        If you'll be maintaining the 8static exhibit all weekend, then why not
        bring your Cosmac too?
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 20, 2009
          I will be avail to jam Friday night the 11th too.
          bill

          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 21, 2009
            rabb_5m wrote:
            > Hi all,
            > I'm Wil Lindsay, one of the folks that will be doing the visual/music performance at VCF. A couple of notes:
            >
            > For those near Philly, our regular 8static monthly show is this Saturday with a free workshop on mixing/mastering specifically for computer music. Starts at 6pm at Studio 34 in west Philly.
            > Info is here: http://8static.com/
            >
            > This is a completely different lineup then you will see at VCF, so a great excuse to do both!
            >
            > Also,
            > I've taken a room near VCF for the festival weekend, so I will be there representing the Hacktory and 8Static for the whole festival (not that .5 that's been going around!). if anyone has questions about what we do, my time is yours. I will talk to Don Miller (our 8Static coordinator) about maintaining the parts of our collection that are not mine on Sunday for people to see.
            >
            > I'm HUGELY looking forward to the festival and especially hearing the Altair music demo. My latest personal ventures have been surrounding the RCA COSMAC and the Chip8 language. It'll be great to meet people who don't find that conversation to be complete gibberish!
            >
            > See you soon,
            > -Wil

            Wil,
            I will be there Saturday at 4PM till ?? I will be bringing some
            Commodore stuff, plus my theremin.
            Bill
          • Bob Schwier
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 21, 2009
              Alas, whereas the workshop is free, what is the price of the show?
              And whereas there are several good restaurants (African) in the area,
              does the venue provide refreshment?
              bs