Re: [midatlanticretro] Museum storage

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 16, 2009
      On Sun, 16 Aug 2009, Jeffrey Brace wrote:

      > They seem to be a hands off museum. Whereas MARCH tries (wherever
      > possible) to let people touch and try out the computers. I know they
      > are trying to keep them in one piece and clearn, and one doesn't always
      > need to touch the artifacts, but sometimes it's nice to touch a keyboard
      > or try a switch to get a feel for how it was used.

      That's just the warehouse space.

      The CHM is primarily hands-off (look, but don't touch). They do have
      some running systems, but are reserved for museum operated demonstrations.
      Their public storage area is here:

      http://www.computerhistory.org/VirtualVisibleStorage/

      If you're ever in the Bay area, you are required to attend. :-)

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...