RE: [midatlanticretro] Jim She's Not Quite Dead Yet (was Altos "Serie 5" 5-AD)

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 29, 2005
      This discussion reminds me that someone asked what I
      was putting on the bus contacts in Bill D's IMSAI. It
      was CIAG Labs DeoxIT concentrate followed by Nye Labs
      Nyogel 759G. The DeoxIT cleans up the contacting surfaces
      and the Nyogel lubricates and protects them. I've made
      a number of flakey machines solid by applying it to bus
      contacts and floppy cables. I've never tried it on chip
      pins but I don't see any reason that it wouldn't work,
      although it might get a little messy.

      Bill S.
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 30, 2005
        Gosh, I thought CFC's were outlawed! Maybe if I bought 50 cans I could get
        the AC in my car to work and stop leaking! And end life as we know it in the
        process...

        Jim

        http://www.radioshack.com/product.asp?catalog%5Fname=CTLG&product%5Fid=64-4315

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 30, 2005
          Bill,

          I was the one who asked. I have two machines that might benefir from such a
          treatment. Both machines have some tin contacts that no longer make an
          effective connection.

          Jim