Re: [midatlanticretro] VCF lodging...

  • Mike Loewen
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3, 2009
      On Mon, 3 Aug 2009, evan@... wrote:

      > My only real advice, assuming you want a real hotel room for you and
      > your son, is to stick with major chains. But avoid the Days Inn on Rt.
      > 33 ... I drive by frequently and their parking lot is almost always
      > empty.

      Hmm...I stayed there last year (as did at least one other VCFer) and
      would not hesitate to stay there again. Possibly the reason for the empty
      lot is that a lot of people park in the back...

      Mike Loewen mloewen@...
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 5, 2009
        Last couple of years I stayed at the Days Inn Neptune on Hwy 33. I think
        it is the closest place to InfoAge. It is no worse than any of the
        others and much less costly that the Holiday Inn. Others have stayed
        there. Internet access is included.

        Jim

        Mike Loewen wrote:

        > On Mon, 3 Aug 2009, evan@... <mailto:evan%40snarc.net> wrote:
        >
        > > My only real advice, assuming you want a real hotel room for you and
        > > your son, is to stick with major chains. But avoid the Days Inn on Rt.
        > > 33 ... I drive by frequently and their parking lot is almost always
        > > empty.
        >
        > Hmm...I stayed there last year (as did at least one other VCFer) and
        > would not hesitate to stay there again. Possibly the reason for the empty
        > lot is that a lot of people park in the back...
        >
        > Mike Loewen mloewen@...
        > <mailto:mloewen%40cpumagic.scol.pa.us>
        > <http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/>

      • Joe Giliberti
        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 5, 2009
          We should organize a camp out, maybe in one of the buildings down by the river...:)