VCF lodging...

  • Bill Sudbrink
    Message 1 of 5 , Aug 3 7:24 AM
      Well, it seems it's about time to book a room
      for VCF East this year. I was at the nearby
      Wyndham last year but I think I'll try something
      different this year. Anybody have their reservations
      yet? Suggestions?

      Bill S.
    • evan@snarc.net
      Message 2 of 5 , Aug 3 9:56 AM
        Last year many of us stayed in the InfoAge cottages ... if you don't mind a zillion nerds sharing one bathroom, staying up late and making a lot of noise, etc. ...

        My only real advice, assuming you want a real hotel room for you and your son, is to stick with major chains. But avoid the Days Inn on Rt. 33 ... I drive by frequently and their parking lot is almost always empty.

        Message 3 of 5 , Aug 3 10:11 AM
          On Mon, 3 Aug 2009, evan@... wrote:

          > My only real advice, assuming you want a real hotel room for you and
          > your son, is to stick with major chains. But avoid the Days Inn on Rt.
          > 33 ... I drive by frequently and their parking lot is almost always
          > empty.

          Hmm...I stayed there last year (as did at least one other VCFer) and
          would not hesitate to stay there again. Possibly the reason for the empty
          lot is that a lot of people park in the back...

          Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          Message 4 of 5 , Aug 5 11:03 AM
            Last couple of years I stayed at the Days Inn Neptune on Hwy 33. I think
            it is the closest place to InfoAge. It is no worse than any of the
            others and much less costly that the Holiday Inn. Others have stayed
            there. Internet access is included.

            Jim

            Mike Loewen wrote:

            > On Mon, 3 Aug 2009, evan@... <mailto:evan%40snarc.net> wrote:
            >
            > > My only real advice, assuming you want a real hotel room for you and
            > > your son, is to stick with major chains. But avoid the Days Inn on Rt.
            > > 33 ... I drive by frequently and their parking lot is almost always
            > > empty.
            >
            > Hmm...I stayed there last year (as did at least one other VCFer) and
            > would not hesitate to stay there again. Possibly the reason for the empty
            > lot is that a lot of people park in the back...
            >
            > Mike Loewen mloewen@...
            > <mailto:mloewen%40cpumagic.scol.pa.us>
            > <http://sturgeon.css.psu.edu/~mloewen/Oldtech/>

          • Joe Giliberti
            Message 5 of 5 , Aug 5 12:29 PM
              We should organize a camp out, maybe in one of the buildings down by the river...:)