Re: [midatlanticretro] MARCH's PDP 11/05's

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 3, 2009
      I have learned that PDP 11 series is very robust and are easy to work on.  If you're looking to get into something, I would suggest the PDP 11/05 because it's PC sized and parts are easy to come by.  Much easier than an early S-100 system.  I don't understand by more people don't collect 11/05's, this is the smallest PDP 11 from the 4 1972 models, and IMHO is a personal computer, even if they were not marketed that way.
      Bill

      Jim Scheef wrote:
      Bill,

      It's fabulous that you got them both to do anything!

      Jim

      B Degnan wrote:

      All,
      I was able to take apart and clean the two MARCH PDP 11/05's. They're
      both essentially identical 4K core RAM systems. One has a stuck 7th
      databit in most address locations, but the other 4K Core memory card is
      OK. With the good card I can call/write/retrieve memory along the 4K
      pages on either machine. If we can find another RAM card they'd both be
      usable. One of the two also has a serial interface card set to 300 baud
      (I believe). There is no OS, so that's about as far as I can go with it
      short of toggling in a boot strap etc.

      <*> Your email settings:
          Individual Email | Traditional

      <*> To change settings online go to: