Re: [midatlanticretro] First retail computer store in New Jersey?

    Message 1 of 6 , Aug 2, 2009
      You mean Computer Mart -- a quick Google search indicates a guy named Larry Stein had the NJ franchise of the famous NYC store from Stan Veit.

      LOL, but trying to find the right "Larry Stein" in New Jersey could be a chore!

      I'm going to ask Dave Ahl .....
      That guy Scott implied it was "The Computer Store," in Iselin

      On Mon, Aug 3, 2009 at 1:35 AM, Evan Koblentz <evan@...> wrote:

      Per the subject line .... anyone know what might've been the first
      retail computer store here in New Jersey?

      It's not a quiz. I'd really like to know!

    • Joe Giliberti

        Message 3 of 6 , Aug 3, 2009
          Larry Stein started his operation in the basement of his house building Altair Kits
          for customers. He subsequently opened his computer "store"  in Iselin.  I was one of his
          customers. Later, he opened a 2nd store on Rte. 22 which, I believe,  was the "Computer Mart" in
          Greenbrook.

          Nick Lordi