Re: [midatlanticretro] Re: Burroughs L700 with work station

  • evan@snarc.net
    Message 1 of 22 , Aug 2, 2009
      We'll get transportation free from various Infoage people. A totally worthwhile rescue.

      Message 2 of 22 , Aug 22, 2009

        B Degnan wrote:
        does MARCH want a Burroughts L7000 minicomputer (1971)?  It comes with a
        work station that reads cards, etc.  It's very dusty, but it's complete,
        and would take up an entire wall in the minicomputer exhibit room.    I
        can be cleaned and should be in a museum.    It's kind of like the L5000
        and L9000 I have read, but there are no pics on the web.

        I dug up this document recently while searching for other things online and I noticed it mentions about this machine among others. It has quite a comprehensive look at the comparisons between the various business computers of the day. It also has a good amount of technical info which would help towards documenting this exhibit once you have the machine relocated to Infoage.

        Auerbach Guide to Small Business Computers ,1972, 156pgs
        http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/vintage/docs/Auerbach1972.pdf

        =Dan

        Message 3 of 22 , Aug 22, 2009

          > I dug up this document recently while searching for other things
          > online and I noticed it mentions about this machine among others. It
          > has quite a comprehensive look at the comparisons between the various
          > business computers of the day. It also has a good amount of technical
          > info which would help towards documenting this exhibit once you have
          > the machine relocated to Infoage.
          >
          > Auerbach Guide to Small Business Computers ,1972, 156pgs
          > http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/vintage/docs/Auerbach1972.pdf
          >

          > =Dan
          Thanks Dan.
        • evan@snarc.net