Another zany night at the museum ...

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 30, 2009
      So, today I was again at InfoAge, because there was an initial planning
      meeting at 7pm for the Halloween event.

      I got there an hour early to make more posters, clean up our rooms, etc.
      ..... I was hardly there for 10 minutes when Jeff F. showed up. LOL,
      apparently he thought the NJ Hackers visit was tonight! Pure
      coincidence that I happened to be there tonight.

      Since I had a "free" helper, we did some more work on the minicomputers
      exhibit. We put up some cubicle walls to cut the big room in half. We
      designed the walls so that two middle panels can be hinged, allowing
      "stealth" access into the other half of the room. I'll install the
      hinges this weekend.

      Then, just as the Halloween meeting was about to start at 7, Joe G.
      called -- "Evan, any chance you're at the museum?" Ummmm yes I was.
      Joe said he had a truckload of stuff for us -- "And it's not just more
      Commodore 64s. Cromemco, blah blah blah" .... I stopped listening after
      he said "Cromemco" .... SCORE !!!!! So I agreed to stay there until 9pm
      when he planned to arrive, even if the Halloween meeting ended.

      Bottom line: Joe scored us a Cromemco Z-2H, which is the third version
      (1979) with an 11MB hard disk. Here's a Byte magazine advertisement
      from Sept. 1979: http://www.classiccmp.org/dunfield/crom/z2h.jpg

      Joe also brought us an unidentifiable (at least to me) S-100 homebrewed
      computer. I'll contact the person he got it from and try to get more
      information.

      In addition, Joe says the guy also had a Heathkit H-8 and an IMSAI, both
      of which he wants to sell. Again, I'll try to get more data, and
      convince him to offer the computers to MARCHins before he posts on ebay

      Lastly, Joe picked up a late-model Commodore PET for himself.

      I would've posted this message two hours ago. Instead I got home very
      late because I had to drive Jeff home. Apparently his compact car tried
      to mate with Joe's SUV, which had stopped short when an animal crossed
      the road. Big noise, some bent sheet metal and broken plastic, no
      injuries other than to Jeff's ego. :-)

      Just another wild "night at the museum"!!!
    • Joe Giliberti

        Message 3 of 5 , Jul 31, 2009
          Thats the VCF after party..

          Message 4 of 5 , Jul 31, 2009
            turns out I have collision coverage, so I happy

            On Fri, Jul 31, 2009 at 9:55 AM, Christian Liendo <christian_liendo@...> wrote:

            Thats the VCF after party..

            Message 5 of 5 , Jul 31, 2009
              That's good to hear!

              I contacted my car insurance agency and they will be giving me a call back soon.

              Evan was nice enough to offer me a ride even though it was far out of his way.  Thanks!

              Other than those notions, I think it was a fairly good night at InfoAge.

              --
              See you space cowboy...