Another new VCF feature

    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 28, 2009
      Been brainstorming ... in addition to the "current topics in vintage
      computing" panel, how about a forum in which we present new products
      that help the vintage computing hobbyist?

      Everything from storage to data transfer to video cards to software ....
      a big overview of the latest and greatest in 2009 products for vintage
      computers! Good idea isn't it ???
    • Kelly D. Leavitt
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 28, 2009
        I can provide information and a demo on the NADS box and REX for the Tandy 100/102 computers. Neat features from both.

        The NADS allows using an SD for data storage. REX allows for multiple installed ROM programs. I am fortunate to own one of each.

        Message 3 of 10 , Jul 28, 2009
          Great. Tonight I'll start compiling a list of products vs. what our
          members own vs. what we can get from the vendors.

          I still can't say "NADS" without childishly smirking. :)

          > I can provide information and a demo on the NADS box and REX for the Tandy 100/102 computers. Neat features from both.
          >
          > The NADS allows using an SD for data storage. REX allows for multiple installed ROM programs. I am fortunate to own one of each.

        • Bill Degnan
          Message 4 of 10 , Jul 28, 2009
            Does someone want to do a catweasel demo?
            Bill

            Message 5 of 10 , Jul 28, 2009
              Depends. Are there any new(-ish) features, or is it unchanged from
              several years ago? I'd like to focus on new(ish) products.

              > Does someone want to do a catweasel demo?
              > Bill

            • Bill Degnan
              Message 6 of 10 , Jul 28, 2009
                there is a new version 4.

              • evan@snarc.net
                Message 7 of 10 , Jul 28, 2009
                  Great.

                  > Depends. Are there any new(-ish) features, or is it unchanged from
                  > several years ago? I'd like to focus on new(ish) products.
                  >
                  > > Does someone want to do a catweasel demo?
                  > > Bill

                • Bill Degnan
                  Message 8 of 10 , Jul 28, 2009
                    BTW - I may not show up until 1, but I can stay through dinner time to meet
                    with the NJ Hacker group.
                    bd

                  • evan@snarc.net
                    Message 9 of 10 , Jul 28, 2009
                      Okay
                      BTW - I may not show up until 1, but I can stay through dinner time to meet
                      with the NJ Hacker group.
                      bd

                      > > Depends. Are there any new(-ish) features, or is it unchanged from
                      > > several years ago? I'd like to focus on new(ish) products.
                      > >
                      > > > Does someone want to do a catweasel demo?
                      > > > Bill

                    • Jeffrey Brace
                      Message 10 of 10 , Jul 28, 2009
                        Sure I think that would be great. When I was at the MARCH spring party. I told some fellow commodore fans about some new products that could be used with vintage commodore 64. Expanding our awareness makes it more fun. It also gives us some practical benefits like archival technologies that will preserve software on aging disks by transferring them to newer technology that emulates the older technology.

                        To: midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com