Re: [midatlanticretro] Preview of VCF east 6.0 T-Shirts

  • Jeffrey Brace
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 27, 2009
      I like the blue/green design. It seems to be the best contrast between colors.

      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 28, 2009
        On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, Jeffrey Brace wrote:

        > I like the blue/green design. It seems to be the best contrast between
        > colors.

        I agree.

        Alexey
      • Dan Roganti
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 28, 2009

          I  whipped up something for this next revision.
          Let me know what you think.
          If you have some other suggestions for the caption, let's hear them.

          Got Core ?
          http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/2009/core1.gif

          Core Dump
          http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/2009/core2.gif

          Core will never die, they just take a dump
          http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/2009/core3.gif

          I need to take a Dump
          http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/2009/core4.gif

          When you have Core, you'll always want more
          http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/2009/core5.gif

          Press ENTER for Core dump
          http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/2009/core6.gif

          =Dan

        • Joe Giliberti

            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 28, 2009
              but blue/green isn't really computery

              On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 1:22 PM, Alexey Toptygin <alexeyt@...> wrote:

              On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, Jeffrey Brace wrote:

              > I like the blue/green design. It seems to be the best contrast between
              > colors.

              I agree.

              Alexey

                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 28, 2009

                  Evan Koblentz wrote:
                  Aaaah!  My eyes!!!!
                  don't you like Core ?

                  Please try the terminal design that we discussed in private email.

                  I'm trying to work with everybody here, please let me worry about the artwork.

                  =Dan
                • Dan Roganti
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 28, 2009

                    Joe Giliberti wrote:
                    I like these, but when the text is inside the "core," its hard on the eyes.

                    yes, I 'see' your point

                    =Dan
                  • evan@snarc.net
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 28, 2009
                      I like core. But it looks like one of those 3-D posters that were a fad a while back. Also a terminal is something all VCF'ers will appreciate regardless of what they collect. Not everyone "gets" core.

                      I * do * like the game theme of your original design .... including the easter egg you snuck in there! Didn't think I noticed, did ya? :)

                      From: Dan Roganti
                      Date: Tue, 28 Jul 2009 19:44:17 -0400
                      To: <midatlanticretro@yahoogroups.com>
                      Subject: Re: [midatlanticretro] New Rev---Preview of VCF east 6.0 T-Shirts

                      Evan Koblentz wrote:
                      Aaaah!  My eyes!!!!
                      don't you like Core ?

                      Message 10 of 24 , Jul 28, 2009

                        evan@... wrote:
                        I like core. But it looks like one of those 3-D posters that were a fad a while back.

                        oh, now that's a good idea :)
                        I can convert one into that.

                        Also a terminal is something all VCF'ers will appreciate regardless of what they collect. Not everyone "gets" core.

                        I * do * like the game theme of your original design .... including the easter egg you snuck in there! Didn't think I noticed, did ya? :)
                        easter egg ? -- must have done that subconsciously -- what *do* you see ?

                        =Dan
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jul 28, 2009

                          >> I * do * like the game theme of your original design .... including
                          >> the easter egg you snuck in there! Didn't think I noticed, did ya? :)
                          > easter egg ? -- must have done that subconsciously -- what *do* you see ?
                          The links don't work now. But I recall that some of the exploding
                          blocks in the space game screen were replaced with the letters "e" and
                          "k" .... I was going to have some fun with a counter-prank on you at
                          VCF, but all my planning would fail if we go with a different design and
                          it doesn't have the text inside!!
                        • Dan Roganti
                          Message 12 of 24 , Jul 28, 2009

                            Evan Koblentz wrote:
                            I * do * like the game theme of your original design .... including
                            the easter egg you snuck in there! Didn't think I noticed, did ya? :)

                            easter egg ? -- must have done that subconsciously -- what *do* you see ?

                            The links don't work now.  But I recall that some of the exploding
                            blocks in the space game screen were replaced with the letters "e" and
                            "k" .... I was going to have some fun with a counter-prank on you at
                            VCF, but all my planning would fail if we go with a different design and
                            it doesn't have the text inside!!

                            what a coincidence !
                            That Trek game has the same initials as you -- E, K -- hahaha

                            the link is here now

                            Message 13 of 24 , Jul 28, 2009

                              >>> easter egg ? -- must have done that subconsciously -- what *do* you see?
                              >> The links don't work now. But I recall that some of the exploding
                              >> blocks in the space game screen were replaced with the letters "e" and
                              >> "k" .... I was going to have some fun with a counter-prank on you at
                              >> VCF, but all my planning would fail if we go with a different design and
                              >> it doesn't have the text inside!!
                              >>
                              > what a coincidence !
                              > That Trek game has the same initials as you -- E, K -- hahaha
                              Coincidence huh .... stick with that story if you want, I think it's a
                              conspiracy!! :)
                            • Mr Ian Primus
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jul 29, 2009

                                > > what a coincidence !
                                > > That Trek game has the same initials as you -- E, K --
                                > hahaha
                                > Coincidence huh .... stick with that story if you want, I
                                > think it's a
                                > conspiracy!! :)

                                Yeah - those letters would never stand for anything else, like Enterprise or Klingon. :)

                                -Ian
                              • ysgdhio
                                Message 15 of 24 , Jul 29, 2009
                                  My comments...

                                  The game designs are cute, but it gives the impression that we're all about games.
                                  We really need to push the COMPUTER aspect more.

                                  The core designs are way too busy.
                                  And those "taking a dump" references have got to go. Seriously.
                                  No adult in their right mind would wear that out in public.

                                  Maybe we should do our own version of the ADM3a shirt they did on the West Coast.
                                  (I've always thought that shirt was very classy in it's simplicity).
                                  We could have a large outline of the ADM-3a in green on a black shirt,
                                  and use the "screen" for the name of the event (in a terminal font*).

                                  Speaking of which...
                                  The name of the event is "Vintage Computer Festival East 6.0".
                                  The designs I've seen have it broken up to read
                                  "Vintage Computer Festival" (design) "East 6.0 Infoage".
                                  Please don't break that up.
                                  It should read "Vintage Computer Festival East 6.0".

                                  Andy

                                  * MICR is not a terminal font. In a pinch, Courier might work.
                                • Andrew Molloy
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Aug 4, 2009
                                    On Tue, Jul 28, 2009 at 11:20 PM, Dan Roganti<ragooman@...> wrote:

                                    > the link is here now
                                    > http://www2.applegate.org/~ragooman/files/VCF/2009/
                                    >
                                    > =Dan

                                    Dan, I like version D the best.

                                    Andy
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Aug 5, 2009
                                      Dan and all,

                                      I really like the core designs but the core needs to be much larger for
                                      it to be recognizable (even by people like us) when printed on a tee
                                      shirt. Tee shirts are very low resolution...

                                      Jim