OT: What I learned today

    Message 1 of 6 , Jul 26, 2009
      What I learned today: if you held a soldering skills contest between me
      and a retarded baboon, the smart money would be on the baboon.
      Message 2 of 6 , Jul 26, 2009

      • Jeffrey Brace
        Message 3 of 6 , Jul 26, 2009
          LOL. Well at least you tried. I have yet to buy a soldering iron and try my hand desolding and resoldering.  What may I ask were you soldering today ?

          Besides a soldering iron (maybe someone can recommend a good one) I also need to buy a digital multimeter (and then learn how to use it).

          Message 4 of 6 , Jul 27, 2009
            On Mon, 27 Jul 2009, Jeffrey Brace wrote:

            > Besides a soldering iron (maybe someone can recommend a good one) I also
            > need to buy a digital multimeter (and then learn how to use it).

            I recently bought a Weller WESD51 Digital Soldering Station, which I
            like. $115 new on Ebay.

            "Electronically controlled soldering stations feature a heater and sensor
            design that allows for quick heat-up and recovery. Wireless temperature
            lockout prevents operators from raising the temperature to levels higher
            than specified for the board or component. Wireless tip temperature
            calibration provides the user with the capability of resetting station
            temperature readings to variations in tip sizes and styles. Temperature is
            dial-adjustable from 350F to 850F 9F. An automatic shut-off feature
            extends tip, iron, and station life. Station operates on 120VAC and comes
            with power unit, detachable 50W iron with ETA (1/16" screwdriver) tip,
            iron holder and tip-cleaning sponge, power on/off switch, power-on LED,
            and 3-wire power cord."

            Mike Loewen mloewen@...
          • Christian Liendo
            Message 5 of 6 , Jul 27, 2009
              I doubt that when you get mad you would grab your own feces and throw it around, because the museum would look much differently then it does now. So I would still put my money on you.

              Although if you did, then well, I will have to put my money on the baboon.

              What I learned today: if you held a soldering skills contest between me
              and a retarded baboon, the smart money would be on the baboon.

            • Mason Taube
              Message 6 of 6 , Jul 27, 2009
                I have a ti-99 in box (later model), taking up space. No peripherals, just a math game cartridge) If anyone wants it reply off list.